Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Bora Bora
-over the water bungalows on stilts are the most popular accommodations
-Most tourist attractions are water based, you can snorkel, scuba dive, and go on shark feeding dives
By Hayley and Anya
-Bora bora is located 230 km away from Papeete
- It is part of the french Polynesian islands
- Bora bora is surrounded by a lagoon and barrier reef
- In the center of the island is a inactive volcano that has 2 peaks called and Mount Pahia and Mount Otemanu.
- Bora Bora is famous for the breath taking views and luxury resorts
-Bora Bora is mostly known because of its neighbouring island Tahiti
- 16° 30' 0" S / 151° 45' 0" W
- There are many different types of landforms
-There are total of 11 volcanoes on the Polynesian islands
-Bora bora is covered in many types of trees including palm trees
-weather, humidity, altitude and sun exposition help to grow the ferns, fruit trees, coconut trees, banana trees,
and many flowers which include orchids, and pandanus
- The average temperature is 29 C and the low is 24 C
- The hottest is time of the year is January and the driest is August
-The first people to come to Bora bora are the Polynesian then came the europeans
-People mostly came because of the available docking sites for military use
-Some natural resources are timber, fish, cobalt
-Tourism is the main source of economic activity
-Bora bora has many alternative income choices: fruits, products from fishing and planting, and materials for construction
-Manufactured products include copra, coconut oil, other oils, beer, printed cloth, and homemade traditional handicraft
There is no B in the Tahitian language:therefore, Bora Bora is actually called "Pora Pora". Early settlers mispronounced it.
Human + Environment
-The first settlers were Polynesian in the 4th
-James Cook was the first european to land on the island in 1722
-The first Protestant church was built in 1890
-In World War II the U.S. chose the island as a supply base
-Bora Bora lies northwest of Tahiti.
-Bora Bora is just south of Hawaii
-The main religion
just like Tahiti and the other
-The population of bora bora is 20 times smaller than Tahiti
- off of the Pacific Ocean
-known as the society islands
-The main way to get to Bora Bora is via Tahiti
-There are 5 to 6 flights a day on Air Tahiti to Bora Bora Airport
-Bora Bora has a fairly modern society
- Even though Bora Bora is in such a remote location, all resorts and cafes have internet access
Hawaii gets more visitors in 10 days than Bora Bora does in a year.
The movie couples retreat was filmed in Bora bora.