Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Wildlife Intervention Strategies
Transcript of Wildlife Intervention Strategies
What is meant by ethics?
In pairs come up with a definition for the term ethics
Ethics is defined as:
'a branch of philosophy involving systemising, defending and recommending concepts of right or wrong conduct'
Seeks to resolve questions dealing with human morality - concepts such as good and evil, right or wrong, virtue and vice, justice and crime
Thinking about UK wildlife interventions - in what situations do ethical considerations need to be made?
Display to public
Views of different groups
What affects humans moral and ethical code?
Read through the book chapter on euthanasia - what are the ethical implications of this?
Short and long term changes in the size and age composition of a population, and biological and environmental processes influencing those changes
How might wildlife intervention affect the population of that animal?
How might it affect populations of other species in the ecosystem?
What is the current legislation safeguarding wild animals in rescue or rehabilitation programmes?
Opinions of different groups
1. Examine the ethical issues surrounding wildlife intervention
2. Discuss relevant considerations relating to wildlife interventions
3. Debate the advantages and disadvantages of wildlife interventions
4. Analyse the current legislation in the UK relating to wildlife interventions