Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
EL PPRC - Editing
Transcript of EL PPRC - Editing
Component in Paper 1 Writing
What are the grammatical
errors to be tested?
What we'll be doing today:
Weightage: 10 marks
(Total for Paper 1 is 70 marks)
Skills assessed : Students should be able to
edit grammatical errors
What to note when setting this section:
1. Text used should not be more than 250 words.
2. Text types used may be narrative, personal recount, information report and exposition.
3. Divide the text into 12 lines; the first and last lines of passage not to include any errors.
4. From lines 2-11, there should be 8 errors and two lines with no errors.
5. Spelling & Punctuation not tested.
1. Editing Practices
Attempt practices of specific grammatical errors.
A set of editing practices of individual grammatical errors has been prepared for the department.
Prepare Editing Practices consisting of all 8 types of errors for each level (sec 1-4/5).
FORM IS WRONG
Objectives & Approach
1. To learn grammar in the context of usage through editing texts
2. To learn grammar explicitly by isolating grammatical items (depth)
3. To learn collaboratively by having differentiated tasks