Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Defensive
Review of Related Literature and Studies
Presentation, Analysis And Interpretation Of Data
• What is Apprenticeship?
Statement of the Problem
In a formal sense, apprenticeship is a contractual agreement between an expert practitioner of a trade, art, or profession and a novice in which, for a fixed period of time, the latter exchanges labor for training. Widely associated with the crafts, apprenticeship traces its origins in the West to the household economies of medieval Europe.
There are ways on how to improve your technical skills; these skills will highlight your capabilities that can let you outstand with others. Employers usually take more time on reviewing applicants with much more skills and experience than others don’t have.
Building Technical Skills in the Development of Practicum Habits
Based on the results yielded in Chapter 4, the demographic profile of the respondents shows that 95% of the respondents are single, 75% are 19 years old and below, 80% are male, 85% are HM Cruiseline Operation Major, and 80% requires 200-400 hours of OJT.
With the results given in Chapter 4, students need to improve their initiative in doing the tasks assigned to them by their supervisor even without asking and needs development with their time management especially during meal time breaks.
• Modern Development
• Background of the Study
Apprenticeship experienced a steep, and apparently permanent, decline in the wake of industrialization. Insofar as it functioned as an economic exchange, its transformation into a wage relationship had several benefits.
This literature study aims to determine the skills needed to learn and apply in internship programmes. The result of the study serves as the basis for designing a proposed skills or training program in enhancing the workplace performance of SIHTM Students.
Research says that the most skills demanded by hospitality students in the industry when it comes to internship or after graduating the program are; employee relations, leadership, guest services, staffing and conflict management.
The existing hospitality industry educational programs are pursuing to generate students and develop them technically with also management skills that filled a demand for entry level management.
The main purpose of this study is to assess the factors that affect the on-the-job training of students of the BSHM and BSTM practicumers of St. Dominic College of Asia
Furthermore, this attempts to answer the specific questions:
1. What is the demographic profile of the respondents in terms of the following variables?
1.1 Civil Status
1.4 Course major
1.5 Venue of practicum
2. How does the practicumer assess the factors of ojt such as:
2.1 Work Attitude
2.2 Work Habit
Discussion, Conclusion and Recommendations
De Leon, Miguel
Scope, Delimitations and Limitation of the Study
The scope of study will include the extent of technical skills required in building the development of practicum habits.
The study was limited to students that are undertaking OJT subjects in this semester.
Significance of the Study
- It may greatly help to improve their skills and knowledge when it is time for them to undergo practicum. This will also modify their personality regarding the different environment of internship.
- This may be somewhat serve as a guide for them on what field to give focus when instructing the students for the preparation of their practicum. This will also help them to understand the dilemmas of students as an adviser.
- Through this study, the researchers may timely improve and develop the data gathered and make it more valuable to future students that will undergo practicum.
There is no significant relationship between the profile of the respondents and their performance.
Local Related Literature
Level of implementation of the OJT program
Foreign Related Study
Developing skills in a large organization through training and development
Local Related Study
Advantages and positive impacts of on-the-job training
Foreign Related Literature
On-the-Job Training and Social Learning Theory
Base on the review of the related literature and studies technical skills are important in building the relationship of both parties, the students and the company. There are advantages and positive impacts that affect the factor of how the students will accomplish their practicum. Skills will enhance continuously when you have good habits in practicum. This study may help us understood of what skills should we possess in order to have a good working habits in practicum.
The conceptual framework is composed of two sets of dependent variables. One of those is the students undertaking OJT in St. Dominic College of Asia, School of International and Tourism Management Department this semester as the main target of the researcher to be the respondents of the study.
Definition of Terms
1. Practicumers – this refers to the students of School of International and Tourism Management who are currently enrolled in practicum in St. Dominic College of Asia.
2. Work Habit –this refers to the acts used to be done by the practicumers in the duration of his/her training such as punctuality and regularity in attendance.
3. Work Attitude –these are the characters that the practicumers possess during the duration of his/her training such as sense of responsibility, resourcefulness and initiative.
4. Competence –this refers to the job knowledge and professionalism of the participants.
The study used the descriptive design to answer the research questions. The descriptive method answers the factors that affect the technical skills in developing practicum habits. A survey will be done in SDCA’s hospitality and tourism students that did and will undergo practicum.
The participants in this study will be students from St. Dominic College of Asia taking up BS Hospitality and Tourism Management program from 3rd year to 4th year undergoing OJT Program in Hotels and Restaurants.
The researcher uses sampling procedure where the students undergoing OJT program in hotel and restaurants were given a survey questionnaires to answer.
The researcher used a researcher made questionnaire as the main form of gathering data. The questionnaire we’re validated by the Dean of School of
International Hospitality and Tourism Management, Dr. Alejandro D. Magnaye and our Program Chair as well as my adviser, Prof. Jennefer Y. Yap. The questionnaire included the demographic profile, and the questions regarding the work attitude and work habit of students.
The data needed for the study was gathered through the use of survey questionnaires that was distributed to the students of Hopitality and Tourism Management undergoing OJT program in hotel and restaurant industry.
Data Analysis Procedure
2. Frequency Distribution
3. Likert Scale
This chapter shows the presentation of data analysis and its interpretation. The data were collected then processed in response to the statement of the problem showed in Chapter 1. The findings in this study may help us understood of what skills should we possess in order to have a good working habits in practicum.
With the data gathered from the respondents;
1. There is no significant relationship between the profile of the respondents and their performance.
2. Students need to build their technical skills in managing time and especially the initiative to do the tasks assigned to them in order to develop a good working habits.
The current researcher recommend the following;
To practice time management on OJT meal time breaks and have the initiative to do tasks assigned to them efficiently and effectively.
To provide students appropriate trainings suitable to their program for them to prepare when they undergo OJT Practicum.
To Future Researchers
Studies on building technical skills in order to develop good working habits are still very few. Future researchers can focus on how to improve the working relationship of the students when it comes to practicum so that they can properly apply all the trainings they aquire from the school.
Nikko B. Gregorio