Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Common Core Standards
Transcript of Common Core Standards
Technical Subjects College & Career Readiness Anchors 1. Reading
3. Speaking & Listening
4. Language Reading 1. Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it: cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text. 2. Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize te key supporting details and ideas. 3. Analyze how and why individuals, events, or ideas develop and interact over the course of a text. Key Ideas & Details Broken Down further ...and even further Grade 6: Progression of standards
1. Cite textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from that text.
2. Determine a theme or central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
3. Describe how a particular story's or drama's plot unfolds in a series of episodes as well as how the characters respond or change as the plot moves toward a resolution. For 10th Grade Social Studies Anchor: Reading Anchor Standard: Integration of Knowledge and Ideas 9th-10th Grade Reading Standard:
#7--Integrate quantitative or technical analysis (e.g., charts, research data) with qualitative analysis in print or digital text. R.I.9-10.7 Literacy Acronyms to Know CCSSI= Common Core State Standards Initiative Key Ideas & Details
Craft & Structure
Integration of Knowledge & Ideas
Range of Reading & Level of Text Complexity Changes CCR= College & Career Readiness CHETL=Characteristics of Highly Effective Teaching and Learning POS=Progression of Standards to anchor standards What we already do: 1. Best Practices
2. Write, write, write
3. Provide examples
4. Read and respond
5. Set goals
6. Assessment & feedback What we must improve upon: 1. Creating instruction--CCR standards
2. Improving literacy in ALL areas
3. Working with learning targets
5. Providing faster feedback
6. Using formative assessments English
Teachers Teach reading
and writing skills Provide support
to content teachers Reinforce the
essentials Audience &
Thinking Text choice--70%
non-fiction Writing genres--
focus on Research Skills taught
transferable Collect and
approach Grammar &
Vocabulary Accountability Portfolios
End of Year Assessments ... small All but 4
states have adopted the
CCSSI Here to stay? Today's challenge: Tip Understand Look at CCR reading standards for the
grade levels you teach and list three standards
you feel that you'll really need to improve Implement Assess A little at a time... Questions: The End! Comments: