Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Educational Community Stakeholders
Transcript of Educational Community Stakeholders
• Providing funding for public education at all levels
• Licensing or chartering private schools and public and private institutions of higher education;
• Providing oversight and guidance to local school boards;
• Setting broad policies for school-level curricula, texts, standards, and assessments (but not higher education);
• Licensing school teachers and other educational personnel;
• Overseeing the provision of educational services for persons living with disabilities, adults needing basic education services, and other special needs populations;
• Setting the standards for examining and licensing persons seeking to work in any regulated professional occupation; and
• Electing or appointing some or all of the members of the governing boards of public higher education institutions and state boards of education.
Federal roles are to solely contribute to elementary and secondary education.
Federal agencies plays about a 10.8 percent role in schools; which includes funds not only from the Department of Education (ED) but also from other Federal agencies (Department of Health and Human Services' Head Start program and the Department of Agriculture's School Lunch program. )
The four Standards of Federal Agencies
1. The federal government strives on high academic standards, and increased student achievement by accepting national responsibility to help in the proper use of tests.
2) Title I funding should be doubled to help provide all students with a fair chance to learn.
3) Federal education programs should be consolidated into fewer categories such as a clear purpose and accountability, which includes the assurance of increased appropriation where funds are distributed to school districts based on the number of low-income children they are serving.
4) The federal government will strive to continue the principle of equitable participation for private schoolchildren in federal education programs, and should have reasoned dialogue that takes place between the public and private school leaders of the country
Stakeholders can also include
Organizations that represent specific groups(teachers unions, parent-teacher organizations, and associations representing superintendents, principals, school boards, or teachers in specific academic disciplines)
Stakeholders in Northeast ISD
In education, the term stakeholder typically refers to anyone who is invested in the welfare and success of a school and its students(http://edglossary)
Local Business Leader
Lastly our elected officials such as school board members, city councilors, and state representatives
Go Public Bexar
My local stakeholders gear to going public....
Educational Community Stakeholders
Grand Canyon University
20 January 2016
SEC 501 Foundations in Educations of Graduate Studies
Professor Brian Clark
Council of Chief State School Officers, W. D. (1968). State and Local Responsibilities for Education. A Position Statement.
Federal Role in Education. (n.d.). Retrieved January 17, 2016, from http://www2.ed.gov/about/overview/fed/role.html
Stakeholder Definition. (2013). Retrieved January 15, 2016, from http://edglossary.org/stakeholder/
State Departments of Education - ROLE AND FUNCTION, VOCATIONAL EDUCATION. (n.d.). Retrieved January 17, 2016, from
As the overall goals, the federal role in education should strive for excellence in education while securing greater equity in schooling.”(council of chief)
Local agencies are usually the one who do not exercise authority over local private schools or higher education institutions. They are place in order to have an overview for a few municipally operated public colleges and universities.
Also known as a family....
Transforming the Future relates to Bexar county "rethinking how students learn." Our schools think outside the box to transform learning from the outbreak of Technology.
"Begin with the end in mind..."(Covey)
Why go Public?
Here in Texas our stakeholders stress and encourage families to join in the family hood of pubic schooling