Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How to make hail
Transcript of How to make hail
50mL of water
50g of salt
1. Have you ever seen hail fall from
the sky and wonder how such heavy objects
can stay in the clouds?
2. It is like when water is circling around in the atmosphere again and again
How the ice goes around in the clouds and collects more ice every time it goes around
When the ice chunk collects too much ice it will
fall from the clouds and onto earth
3. The idependent variable is salt
because it makes the water colder
1-6 ?s Coninued
My dependent variable is measuring how the water/ice in the test tube changes
My controlled variables are salt, water, ice, the beaker, and the test tube
4. My hypothasis is:
If I put ice, water, and salt in the beaker, then the ice water salt
will mix to make hail in the test tube
will happen because the ice water
and salt mixes and the water in
the test tube gets so cold that
1-6 ?s continued
5. Conduct the experiment
6. Yes, the experiment did work its just that you have to percicely drop the small ice chip in the test tube.
How To Make The Hail
Put the 15g of salt into the beaker
add the 50mL of water into the beaker
stir the solution until the solution is disolved
Put 15mL of water into the test tube
Put the test tube into the beaker
Fill the beaker with crushed ice
Stir continuously for 3-6 minutes
Then you take a small ice chip and perfectly drop it into the test tube
How to make hail