Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
International Marketing Plan: Phenomenon
Transcript of International Marketing Plan: Phenomenon
The 2014 FIFA World Cup
International football tournament held every 4 years and put on by FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association)
32 qualifying countries compete in 64 total matches over a month-long period in the host country
Most widely viewed sporting event in the world, surpassing the Olympics
2014 is the 20th Anniversary for the tournament, last time Brazil hosted was 1950
Will take place June 12-July 13 in 2014, across 12 different cities in Brazil
3.3 million tickets are expected to be sold
Over 26 billion total viewers are projected throughout the tournament
A Limited-Edition Line for AXE Men's Care, inspired by the 2014 FIFA World Cup
Brazilian Host Cities
Official Mascot: Fuleco the Armadillo
"All in One Rhythm"
Started in 1983 in France, introduced to the US in 2002
Men's hygienic-care lines for deodorant, hair, body, and face
Targets 16-34 year old males
Relatively inexpensive prices ranging from $3 to $8
Brand is not just a grooming line, it's a
1. Relative Advantage: The AXE brand has established itself as distinctly superior to other competitor male hygiene brands. Phenomenon is even more exclusive and specific to Brazilian values.
2. Compatibility: Phenomenon's World Cup focus is highly compatible with Brazilian national pride and love of football.
3. Complexity: The brand extension will mirror other AXE fragrance lines, making it easy to diffuse into the market.
4. Trialability: Hygienic products are easy to make in trial sizes to distribute at stores and events.
5. Observability: It will be our job as marketers to demonstrate and establish how Phenomenon is ultimately the most superior product in the male hygienic market.
Trends and Recreation
President Dilma Rousseff
Target Market for
congruent with AXE's overall target market as a global company
"The Brazilian Man"
AXE already an established, recognizable brand
caters to consumers over a wide span of demographics and income levels; affordable
feeds into national pride; touches emotional aspect of the Brazilian culture
limited edition aspect creates a feeling of urgency and exclusivity
heterosexual male focus excludes the gay community and women
tradition of a chauvinistic, and sometimes misogynistic, message is off-putting to some
quick launch of the line does not allow for much time in the research and development stages of creating the fragrance
association with the FIFA World Cup elicits feelings of national pride
may create demand for similar exclusive lines in other countries or for other sporting events
attention brought to the Phenomenon line may capture consumers to buy more AXE products in general
rejection of AXE's "boy gets girls" message
small group of Brazilian national dissenters of the entire World Cup
difficulty differentiating itself from the influx of products that will be aiming for Brazil because of the World Cup
$3.00-$8.00 in the USD
6.50R$-17R$ in BRL
keep consistent pricing with the current AXE products in Brazil
new fragrance line named "Phenomenon"
Deodorants- stick and spray
Body- shower gel
Hair- shampoo+conditioner 2-in-1
import from Unilever's state-of-the-art deodorant factory in Jiutepec, Mexico
target the 12 Brazilian cities hosting games
launch line September 7, 2013 (Brazilian Independence Day), discontinue July 31, 2014
supermarkets- ex. Companhia Brasileira de Distribuição (Brazil), Carrefour (France), Walmart (USA)
drugstores- ex. Drogarias DPSP, RaiaDrogasil
spokesmen Ronaldo and Neymar
slogans- "The Brazilian Always Wins" and "When the match ends, your game begins."
hire top, innovative Brazilian ad agency to create campaign
mediums to use- print, television, internet/social media
free samples distributed at football events for one month after launch
use distinctive Phenomenon logo on various promotional items- ex. footballs, t-shirts