Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
GW Arg essay
Transcript of GW Arg essay
Increase in natural disasters
Melting of ice caps
Severe weather patterns
Extinction of species
Warming of seas, which could release additional carbon dioxide
Increase in diseases/illnesses, such as asthma
Developing a Claim
Look at your chart that shows the reasoning for each side of he argument
Which side has more, or stronger, evidence?
Find 2 quotes in your notes that support two different reasons to or not to take action against GW
Get your Springboard book, then copy down the EQ and the word of the day
Go back to the list of anti-action against Global Warming in your notes
Create a list of reasons that are pro-action against Global Warming
Friday, May 15th
Developing a Counterclaim
Alternative or opposing argument
Some people may argue....
The evidence in support of the counterclaim must be something that can be refuted
Find someone with an opposing claim from yours
What is their evidence?
Is Global Warming a serious threat that requires immediate action?
Write a 5-paragraph argumentative essay addressing the prompt
Thesis, Claim, Evidence, Counterclaim, Refutation