Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
World Wonders 1 Evaluation
Transcript of World Wonders 1 Evaluation
10 years old
Learning English since 1st grade
Two English teachers, one of them is a native speaker
Highly interactive lessons with audios, videos, group/individual work, blogs, colorful story books,
6 of English lesson in a week
-Organized always in the same way:
Reading, Vocabulary, Grammar, Listening, Speaking, Pronunciation, Functional Language, Writing.
-It is a core book of the program
-Teacher's book Includes terminology such as punctiation, connectors, etc.
Writing about their immediate environment (e.g. write a project about famous place in your country)
TED Ankara College Students
Impressionistic View The book appeals to the students visually
'Face Validity' is high
Grading is steep
Grammar Mixed methodology: From inductive to deducive
Use of terminology is only in grammar (e.g. affirmative, negative, possessive adjectives, etc. Reading Dialogues, short passages, e-mails, stories
Semi-authentic speaking - Question-answer type
- No guidance
- Picture talk Treatment of Vocabulary - Matching pictures with words
- Fill in the blanks
- Circle the correct words
- Vocabulary items are from the reading passage
- There is no obvious word category or topic
- Pictures match with the words
-There are review parts after every two units Criteria for External Evaluation 1) Do the aims of the coursebook correspond closely with the aims of the teaching program and teaching situation and with the needs of the learners?
2) Are style and approppriacy dealt with? If so, is language style matched to social situation? Criteria for Internal Evaluation 1) How much vocabulary is taught?
- 27 vocabulary items in one chapter
2)Is vocabulary presented in a structured or purposeful way?
-connected to real life context 3) Does the material enable students to expand their own vocabulary knowledge independently by helping them to develop their own strategies?
-inferring meaning 4) Are learners sensitize to the structure of the lexicon through vocabulary learning exercises based on:
*There is a grouping of words
*Vocabulary items associated with one particular situation
-relationships of form Are we happy with the book?
-Simplification and the order of the structure?