Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ten Commandments/Value Statements
Transcript of Ten Commandments/Value Statements
4. Respect your elders, especially your mother and father. - I'm not going to lie, but most teenagers don't respect what their parents have to say, or their opinions. I know for a fact, out of experience, always listen to your parents, they know what the best is for you, and how you should deal with it. Your parents might have gone through the same experience as you have. Cherish what they have to say.
Ten Commandments/Value Statements
1. You shall not have other gods beside me. - There is only one God.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord, your God, in vain. - Use the Lords name in a positive way.
3. Remember to keep holy the sabbath day. - Keep the sabbath day holy.
4. Honor your mother and father. - Respect your elders, especially your mother and father.
5. You shall not kill. - Life is of value, savor every moment of it.
6. You shall not commit adultery. - Respect your spouse, friends, and family
7. You shall not steal. - Keep what is yours.
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. - Always be honest, honesty is key
9. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. - Be thankful for the people who respect and love you.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor's house. - Focus on what God has given you, and not was he hasn't gave to you
1. There is only one God. - This is an important message for todays society, because with the diverse society we have today its pretty hard just to learn about one religion. Some of the time people seem to change their religion half way through their life for a better religion. Which is nice, but it seems we are pressured into believing a different religion.
2. Use the Lords name in a positive way. Today, it seems that we tend to use the phrases "Oh God" and "Jesus Christ" in a negative way. This statement always seems to be the first thing that we always say when we mess up. Some people find it cool, while others not so much. This message is important because we should try to prevent as much provocative language and statements.
6. Respect your spouse, friends, and family - Practically this statement is saying that if you show respect you receive respect. Your family and friends are the only people that you can turn to, so if you don't respect them it may come back and bite you in the bum. Don't go and talk behind their back.
5. Life is of value, savor every moment of it. - This message is important in today's society because we seem to take life as a gift, we don't seem to cherish it. Our life could easily could be taken due to murder or impaired driving just like that. We take advantage of life, and we don't even think twice about it.
7. Keep what is yours. - This message basically says to respect what is yours and treat others with respect to. Don't even try to steal other people's items, because they are rightfully theirs. In today's society people do get charged for stealing and shop lifting, depending on the situation they are in, they could actually get charged. Some people will never learn I tell you. This message is a challenge because teens and older people think it is cool to steal things from work, that isn't theirs.
8. Always be honest, honesty is key. - This message is saying that we should be honest towards other people. When in court, typically people fight for justice, and the person who committed the crime will hire a lawyer to try to persuade the judge to believing their side and to try to get them out of charges. But if you are honest in little situations the downfall isn't as bad. This message is difficult today because most people feel like if they are honest they will be judged by everyone around them and no one will trust them anymore
9. Be thankful for the people who respect and love you. - This is important because if we don't have people that respect us and love us we feel like we don't belong in society, which is really depressing in some situations. We people in our life who respect us, care for us and make us feel good. If we ever do something bad, the people who care for us will actually stay and support us while the other people who you thought will not be there for you all of the time. This message is challenging because some of the time people go behind your back and start rumors. Rumors are spread really easily through social media, which makes it harder to tell the facts from the truth.
10. Focus on what God has given you, and not was he hasn't gave to you. - Be grateful of what you have and not what you wish you had. Many blessings come from living in countries like Canada and the USA, but we typically take advantage of what we have and we always seem to wish we had more. If we were in Africa or India, we would be begging for things on the street and if we got worn out shoes we would be so happy because small things like that matter to people. This is an extreme challenge because we just expect that everything is there for us when we need it. But lets say you didn't have a lot of money, what would you do? Go crazy? Feel like life is over? Or would you fight to survive everyday?