Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Frida Kahlo
- Born on July 6th, 1907.
- Parents: Guillermo Kahlo
and Matilde Calderon y
By: Cazares, E.
- Poliomyelitis at the age of 6.
- Escuela Nacional
Preparatoria (Mexico City).
Frida Kahlo's Early Life
- September 17th 1925.
- Severe injuries.
- Alejandro Gomez Arias.
- She began painting.
Kahlo's Life and Accomplishments as an Artist.
- Feminist Icon
Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera
- Who was Diego Rivera?
Advice from Diego Rivera.
145 paintings and 55 of them were self-portraits.
"I never painted dreams. I painted my own reality"
"I painted myself because I'm the subject I know best"
Madonna 100 million.
Who was Diego Rivera?
Part of the communist party.
It reflected in her art during her last years.
"Why do we have to be a certain way?”
“Why do we have to do what other people expect from us and if we don’t do it why are we judged?”
1932 Frida's mother dies.
Dove and an Elephant.
Stormy and painful.
San Angel House.
Was never able to conceive a child.
1934 three months.
Cristina and Diego.
Three pregnancies and abortions.
10 year marriage.
A year later they married again
1941 Frida Kahlo's father dies.
Frida's Last Years
- Art exhibition.
- Amputated leg.
- Protest in Guatemala.
- Death: July 13th, 1954.
- La Casa Azul
Husband and only marriage.
Artist, that influenced her.
He was best known for his murals.
Diego Maria de la Concepcion Juan Nepomuceno Estanislao de la Rivera y Barrientos Acosta
y Rodriguez (1886)
Q & A
- What was Frida Kahlo's House called?
- How many times was Frida Kahlo pregnant?
- What was Frida's relationship with Diego compared to?
- Where was Frida Kahlo's father from?
- What was the name of Frida Kahlo's sister?