Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of William Shakespeare
Born: April 1564 in Stratford-upon-Avon, U.K.
Died April 23, 1616 in Stratford-upon-Avon, U.K.
William Shakespeare was a well known poet and playwright. Some people may know him as the "Bard of Avon" or England's National Poet.
Romeo and Juliet (1597)
Julius Caesar (1623)
King Lear (1608)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (1600)
The Tempest (1623)
Attended King Edward VI Grammar School from age 7 until he went to "formal school" at age 14
He was not able to go to school anymore after he turned 14 because of his father's financial issues
Significance of his works
Shakespeare's many works had a common goal. The common goal was to portray reality in his plays and tie it in to everything that was happening in the then modern day world
He wrote all / most of his works in the United Kingdom. Most of them are set in his imaginary part of London.