Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Knife Sharpener
The Knife Sharpener
2. What is the purpose of your artifact?
The purpose of a knife sharpener is sharpen dull objects.
4.How was it used when originally invented? How is it used today?
A knife sharpener has always been used to sharpen dull things.
6. What are a few example of technology that best classifies this artifact?
a.Bio-related and Agricultural
c.Production, which includes manufacturing and construction
d.Energy and Power
7. How has this product impacted society in a positive way?
This product has impacted society in a positive way, because it helped Indians or Native Americans fight (sharpen their knives, swords, arrows).
Some of the innovations done to a knife sharpener is
stone (smooth rock) -> a bar with two sides with a grip on each side
a bar with two sides with a grip on each side -> a electric sharpener
A knife sharpener has been around for a very long time.
No one really can say who made the knife sharpener because anyone, tribe, country, city, or human being could of thought of something to sharpener their weapons with or to cut food.
With not knowing who made the knife sharpener we are not positive when it was made, but they have been used for many things and have been used for a long time.
3. Who was the original inventor and when was your product invented?
5. What are some of the innovations that this product has undergone since its original invention?
8. How has this product impacted society in a negative way?
The knife sharpener could have been used for in a negative way to hit people or damage them in some way.
10. Find a quote about the invention
Abraham Lincoln said:
Give me six hours
to chop down a tree
I will spend the first
four sharpening the ax.
or one of its innovations
from the original inventor
or one of the engineers who
innovated the technological artifact.
9.Complete a chart like the one below showing how science, technology, math, and engineering were all used in the creation of your technological product.
Discovery of how to reuse knifes (not wasting materials to make a new knife)
Creating a device to sharpen knifes
Designing a device with a surface to sharpen blades (smooth rock, grips, stone, fluid)
What is the optimal length, strength, shape, and power