Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Community and Justice
Transcript of Community and Justice
Obstacles to Community Justice Service
Criminogenic: Producing or tending to produce crime or criminal behaviour; normalizing criminal behaviour; increasing risk of/encouraging recidivism
"Don't start counting until you get to three..."
If you think you can't, you are right...
If you think you can, you are right...
"Life is filled with states of imbalance and disharmony..."
“Everything that happens to you is a reflection of what you believe about yourself. We cannot outperform our level of self-esteem. We cannot draw to ourselves more than we think we are worth.” (Iyanla Vanzant)
Words you used:
Isolation Abandonment Unwanted
Emptiness Betrayal Disrespect
Disunity Non-cooperation Unloved
Lack of Safety/unsafe Disharmony
Lack of trust Loneliness
Bias, Prejudice and Discrimination
No one is listening" "No one cares"
Cynicism: "It'll never work..."
Apathy: "Someone (else) should do something about that..."
Personal Fear: "flight (running away) or fight (I am right; you are wrong"
Failure: Stuckness (procrastination)
"I should have..."
- how do we view failure?
Conflict: anger with opportunity
- viewed as a negative rather than a positive force for change
Connectedness: we are all connected
- helps create a sense of self and a sense of purpose
Flow: realization that conflict is a part of life (fight, flight or flow)
- go with it!
- accept it!
- embrace it!
- enjoy it!
- use it!
- about understanding connectedness, not giving in or giving up
- accepting others may have different viewpoints - and that's okay!
- being in a state of balance
Competition: winners vs losers
- divides, isolates, pushes us into winning vs losing
- creates enemies and encourages debate over who is "better"
- outcome of fear
- "I should..." vs "I have the capacity to...:
Crazy wisdom: humour
- allows us to think outside the box
allows for creativity and imagination
allows us to laugh at ourselves and celebrate ourselves and others
Anger: a state of energy that can be channeled in ways to become community enhancing or community impairing
Devolution: unhealthy "isms"
- racism, sexism, ableism, heterosexism, egocentrism, isolationism, ethnocentroism, consumerism, etc.
- "divide and conquer" rather than togetherness and community
- keeps us believing "more is better"
- increasing attitude that other human beings are less important than we are
- gives me the "right" to remove anyone or anything that gets in my way
Evolution: a movement that creates within us the willingness to seek out and actively experience new ways of being
- knowing your life is connected, that the "universe" connects us all
- recognizing we are now learning from those we have determined to destroy
Sharia Murder Trial - homework discussion