Loading presentation...
Prezi is an interactive zooming presentation

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM


Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.


Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

Probability: Determining Probabilities

By: Alex Waites

Alex Waites

on 1 March 2012

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of Probability: Determining Probabilities

Analyze the Data and List five facts about Ms. Snow's Homeroom. 14 Students take algebra 2
5 Students take chemistry
4 Students take both
6 Students take neither
There are 29 students in the class Four students are taking algebra and chemistry both so the probability is 4/29 which is also 13.8% What is the probability a student is taking both algebra and chemistry? There are 6 students that don't take either class so the probability is 6/29 or 20.7% What is the probability that a student is not taking algebra or chemistry? There are 19 students who either take algebra or chemistry, not both so the probability is 19/29 or 65.5% and the probability of choosing a student in any class is 23/29 or 79.3% Find the probability P(Algebra 2 or Chemistry) The probability of a student taking only chemistry is 5/29 or 17.2% because there are only 5 students just taking chemistry. The probability of a student taking only chemistry. There are 421 people that are males with a one handed or two handed back hand, so the probability is 421/758 or 55.5% The probability of a random person being a male. There are 337 people in the group that are females so the probability is 337/758 or 44.5% Probability that the selected person is a female. There are 256 people total with a two handed backhand swing so the probability is 256/758 or 33.8% Probability that the selected person has a two handed backhand swing. There are 597 people total that are either males or have a two handed backhand swing so the probability is 597/758 or 78.8% Probability that the person selected is a male or has a two handed backhand swing. There are 421 males in the group, but only 341 also have a two handed backhand so the probability is 341/758 or 45% Probability of a person selected not having a two handed backhand swing and is a male. The situation has to involve a group of people or items that could be randomly selected, but have different aspects. Reflection Another situation that could use a venn diagram is finding out what students like which type of food. Extension
Full transcript