Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Light, Color & Sound
Transcript of Light, Color & Sound
My name is Andrea Martínez.
I live in Monterrey.
I am an English teacher for
-How sound is produced.
-How color and light are related.
-How light travels and is reflected.
In this class, we will see:
is a visible kind of energy.
travel at a constant speed of about 300,000 km/sec.
How does light travel?
Light travels in
Light will reflect in the similar angle it hits the object in relation to the perpendicular.
Light waves bend when passing from one material to another.
This is called
Light and color are closely related.
If different colored lights overlap, they make different colors.
* light are combined in equal amounts, the result will be a white light.
*Additive primary colors
Why does this vase look blue to us?
Objects absorb some of the waves that strike them.
An object that looks red absorbs different light waves other than the red light waves!
reflect all the
that strike them.
of the light
can pass through
Light behaves differently,
depending on the object it hits.
How is sound produced?
Sound travels through waves.
Sound waves propagate in all
There are two main types of sounds: low-pitched and high-pitched sounds.
Some animals use ultrasound waves to detect food.
Answer true or false. Give the correct answer when false.
1. Light is a form of energy.
2. Photons travel at a speed of 150, 000 km/s.
3. Light waves reflect the same way in all types of surfaces.
4. Light waves travel faster in air than in water.
5. Most objects absorb and reflect light waves.
6. Sound waves travel in one direction with the same intensity.
Identify which objects are opaque and which are transparent.
Describe their voices in terms of pitch.
We have seen how light behaves and helps us see colors.
Also, we have learned that sound is produced by vibrations and sounds have different pitch.
Remember you can always visit our web page.
In all directions