Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Passive Tense
We frequently use or know about Present or Past however by these slides you will know more about this particular tense.
Understanding the tense
The passive voice is used when we want to emphasize the action (the verb) and the object of a sentence rather than subject. This means that the subject is either less important than the action itself or that we don’t know who or what the subject is.
Present Simple Passive
THESE 3 TENSES
Past simple passive
(The object – now the subject = My laptop / action= was stolen)
Passive: Napa Valley
for its excellent wines.
Active: [Many people] know Napa Valley for its excellent wines.
Passive: Twenty civilians
in the bomb explosion.
Active: Someone killed twenty civilians in the bomb explosion.
Write it down in your notebooks
Do the activities that are in the
You should bring information about a famous person connected to history or science and that has achieved something amazing (invented or discovered something, helped other people, etc.)