Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of "BULLYING"
Abril Lopez, Guille Allende, Lucia Paz.
What is Bullying?
Bullying is the verbal, physical, social or psychological aggressive behaviour by a person or group directed towards a less powerful person or group that is intended to cause harm, distress or fear. In order to be considered bullying, the behavior must be aggressive and include:
An Imbalance of Power:
A bully is a person who purposely tries to hurt others by:
· Making them feel uncomfortable.
· Hurting them by kicking, hitting, pushing, tripping, etc.
· Spreading nasty rumors.
Not necessarily all the Bullies are boys, also there are girl bullies.
Bullying IS a type of "segregation".
"Segregation: the act or practice of segregating; a setting apart or separation of people or things from others or from the main body or group"
Types of Bullying.
There are some specific types of bullying behavior:
1. verbal or written abuse: A person’s feelings are hurt through insults and name-calling for example:
spreading rumours, gossiping
racist or homophobic comments
2. Physical violence - including threats of violence. A person is harmed. Some examples are:
slapping, hitting, pinching, punching, kicking
locking in a confined space
3. sexual harassment - unwelcome or unreciprocated conduct of a sexual nature, which could reasonably be expected to cause offence, humiliation or intimidation.
4. homophobia and other hostile behaviour towards students relating to gender and sexuality
5.discrimination including racial discrimination - treating people differently because of their identity. Also Social enters in this category. a person is shunned or excluded from groups and events. Some examples are:
excluding from a group
threatening or insulting graffiti
threatening notes, letters, emails, telephone calls
threatening words, actions or weapons (SEGREGATION)
6. cyberbullying - either online or via mobile phone. any bullying done through the use of technology. This form of bullying can easily go undetected because of lack of parental/authoritative supervision. Because bullies can pose as someone else, it is the most anonymous form of bullying.
Why do bullies do what they do?
· Sometimes they think that they will win or get what they want.
· Sometimes they want to impress or entertain their friends.
· Sometimes they enjoy feeling power over someone because sometimes they are being bullied by someone else!
· Sometimes they do not even realize that they are hurting the other person.?
Sometimes because they are weak or very insecure about themselves so in order to feel stronger they pick on others.
Who do Bullies pick on?
Often, bullies are bigger kids, so they pick on:
· Kids they feel are smaller.
· Kids they think won't stand up to them.
· Kids that have few friends to stand up for them.
Bullying can cause loneliness, depression, anxiety, lead to low self-esteem and increased susceptibility to illness. Bullying has also been shown to cause maladjustment in young children, and targets of bullying who were also bullies themselves exhibit even greater social difficulties.
there is evidence that bullying increases the risk of suicide, bullying alone does not cause suicide. Depression is one of the main reasons why kids who are bullied commit suicide Certain attributes of a person are correlated to a higher risk for suicide than others such as: American Indian, Alaskan Native, Asian American, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender. When someone is unsupported by his or her family or friends, it can make the situation much worse for the victim
Serial killers were frequently bullied through direct and indirect methods as children or adolescents. For example Henry Lee Lucas, a serial killer and diagnosed psychopath, said the ridicule and rejection he suffered as a child caused him to hate everyone.
Check it out
Here we go
Please help me God, I feel so alone
I'm just a kid, I can't take it on my own
I've cried too many tears yeah writing this song
Trying to fit in, where do I belong?
I wake up every day, don't wanna leave my home
My mamma's askin' me why I'm always alone
Too scared to say, too scared to holler
I'm walking to school with sweat around my collar
I'm just a kid, I don't want no stress
My nerves are bad, my life's a mess
The names you call me, they hurt real bad
I want to tell my Mom but
She's havin' trouble with my Dad
I feel so trapped there's nowhere to turn
Come' to school
Don't wanna fight I wanna learn
So please mister Bully
Tell me what I've done
You know I have no Dad
I'm livin' with my Mom
Cause I'm hopeful, yes I am
Hopeful for today
Take this music and use it
Let it take you away
And be hopeful, hopeful
And He'll make a way
I know it ain't easy but that's okay
Just be hopeful
Why do you trip at the colour of my skin?
And whether I'm fat or whether I'm thin
You call me a loser, you call me a fool
I ain't got a choice I gotta to go to school
I wish I had an angel to stick by my side
I'm shaking with fear, I'm so scard inside
Doesn't really matter if I ain't got a looks
Why do you always hurt me and destroy my books?
Cause I'm hopeful, (...)
I give you all my money every single day
I didn't ask to be born but now I have to pay
I ain't got no food, you take all I have
When I give it to you, you search throught my bags
I wrote this song for you to see
We could've beed friends, yeah you and me
Mister bully, take a moment please
Every single day you bring me to my knees
Cause I'm hopeful, (...)
What I wear is all I have
We lost our home, I liven' from my bag
Yo mister bully, help me please
I'm flesh and blood, accept me please.