Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
CSE5335: WebData Management : Cloud Computing
Transcript of CSE5335: WebData Management : Cloud Computing
0. Foolish assumptions
1. Introduction to Virtualization
2. Virtual worlds , and why ?
3. Cloud computing Services
4. Cloud Providers
5. Case Study : Web Application
"In computing, virtualization refers to the act of creating a virtual (rather than actual) version of something, including (but not limited to) a virtual computer hardware platform, operating system (OS), storage device, or computer network resources." -
"Creation of a things/resources which doesnot exactly exist as a physical resource ? "
1 .Hardware cost minimization
2. Faster Provisioning
3. Effective CPU , RAM , Disk Utilization
4. Isolate Applications
5. Save Energy
Installing Virtual box :
Meanwhile @ industry
Software Engineers :
Converting Coffe to Code
What do they actually work
Virtual Machines..... VirtualSpaces
CSE5335 : Web Datamanagement & XML : Session Cloud Computing
1. You know what is Internet
2. Should have atleast Surfed some websites.
What we are going to Create
1. Hardware resources
Totally, a virtual PC
2. Software Resources :
a) Operating System
1. Hypervisor : KVM , VirtualBox , Xen
Installing virtual box:
1. Download virtual box :
Coventional way :
next... next... next ...
Installing ubuntu Operating System on your virtual pc
Step 1. Download a Ubuntu ISO
Step 2. Start installing on VituaBox
Step 3. Follow the Instructions
Step 4 : Be Patient and Relax
Demo : Amazon Cloud
Demo: Google cloud
1.Hello world :
4. Conversion from one type to another
5. Condtional statements
Please Find the Cheat Cheet with you
Who Uses it ?
1. Intrepreted language
2. Object oriented .
3. Easy to learn
4. Readable language .
Cloud Provider Services
Platform As a Service (PaaS)
Enterprise PaaS Examples: Apprenda
Use-Case: Increases developer productivity and utilization rates while also decreasing an application’s time-to-market
Software As a Service (SaaS)
SaaS Examples: Google Apps, Salesforce, Workday, Concur, Citrix GoToMeeting, Cisco WebEx Use-Case: Replaces traditional on-device software
InfraStructure As a Service (IaaS)
IaaS Examples: Amazon Web Services (AWS),Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine (GCE)
Common IaaS Use-Case: Extends current data center infrastructure for temporary workloads (e.g. increased Christmas holiday site traffic)
In Our Context ( Assignments )
1. Software as a Service : Cloud9.io (If used online tool for coding in various platforms)
2. Platform as a Service:
3. Infrastructure as a Service :
Born on 1991; 24 years ago
Not so boring language ,...
Web Architecture :
Web Framework :
Basic Web Frame work
It is a combination of
1. Front end or Client Side scripting (Html, Js )
2. Backend or Server Side scripting (Python)
3. Database (mysql ,sqlite3 etc.,)
No Virtual machine no problem
We have a cloud to run our applications
Types of Clouds
1. Public Cloud
Ex: Amazon , RackSpace , Azure , Google cloud
2. Private Cloud
Ex: HP Helion , Openstack , Eucalyptus
3. Hybrid Cloud
Ex: Microsoft Azure ( Co-location data centers)
When to Use Which type of Cloud
Public Cloud :
Suitable for Web Application which needs High scalability
More Control over data, Code Rather than Infra
Private Cloud :
More control on the whole work flow
Inception to Deployment & Maintanence
Hybrid Cloud :
Moderate Control on Partial Infra
Public vs Private vs Hybrid
Infrastructure as a Service
"IaaS refers to online services that abstract the user from the details of infrastructure like physical computing resources, location, data partitioning, scaling, security, backup etc." - Wiki
A hypervisor, such as Xen, Oracle VirtualBox, Oracle VM,KVM, VMware ESX/ESXi, or Hyper-V runs the virtual machines as guests.
Pools of hypervisors within the cloud operational system can support large numbers of virtual machines and the ability to scale services up and down according to customers' varying requirements.
Major IaaS services
1. Compute ex: Virtual machines
2. Storage : Storage Buckets , Similar to Dropbox
3. Network : SDN , VPN, Firewall
4. Database : Amazon RDS , Google Cloud SQL
And Many more ....
Node Js Architecture
Case Study : Bulid By Your needs
We have a web application , Per se
Facebook( Or your own social n/w site ).
Has Started with a small traffic of users.
Later It had to scale up because of high traffics ?
How would you design your infra
to Suit your requirements.
What is Load balancing ?
Why load balancers ?
Types of load balancers:
Software Load balancer ex:Nginx
2. H/w Load balancers ex: F5 , Cisco
LBaaS ( Amazon Elb , Dyn.com )
Responsibilities of Load Balancers
Acts as a “reverse proxy”
○ Distributes network or application traffic
○ Increase capacity (concurrent users)
○ Increase reliability
○ Layer 4 - looks at network and transport layer protocols (IP, TCP, FTP, UDP)
Layer 7 - looks at application-layer data (e.g., HTTP)
Algorithms of Load Balancing
○ Evenly distributes traffic across available nodes
Weighted Round Robin
○ Proportionally distributes traffic on weighting factor
Distributes incoming requests to the node
with the fewest current connections
Least Response Time : Distributes incoming
requests to the node with lowest current response time