Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Teri M Chemistry basics
Transcript of Teri M Chemistry basics
Matter, Mass, and Weight
Concepts that you should
The nucleus contains:
Neutrons and Protons
Electrons flow around the nucleus in orbits.
The outer most electrons determine how an atom behaves.
Most common Elements
in living things.
Atomic Number: 1
Mass Number: 1
Atomic Number: 8
Mass Number: 16
Atomic Number: 7
Mass Number: 14
Atomic Number: 6
Mass Number: 12
Check out table 2.1
for other common elements
transfer of electrons
attraction between polar molecules containing hydrogen
Give me an example of
the mass of an object.
What is the difference between
weight and mass?
Electron Configuration and Chemical Properties
Energy and chemical properties of Atoms
Formed by polar covalent bonds
can form hydrogen bonds
cohesion and adhesion