Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do Now: Topic
Transcript of Do Now: Topic
Ab, abs, apo- away, from
Article of the Week
Let's apply our universally effective strategy here:
1. Pre-read the questions.
2. Annotate with purpose.
3.Use annotation to make responding to questions more "text-based" and efficient.
Use a blank white piece of paper to make a new cover. It should include:
1. Your FULL name
2. Grade 8
3. The words: "Writing Portfolio"
4. My name (Swanson)
Now, take EVERYTHING out of your portfolio and put it in the cardboard folder. We will collect this. The only thing you should keep is the rubric.
Next, include the three pieces of writing you receive back. Choose one and complete a reflection for it.
THe three pieces are:
Research Sim pre-test
Literary Analysis - characterization
Research Sim- Poe's death
If you're missing any piece, take a piece of lined paper and write your parent a letter explaining why the piece is missing.
Also in your portfolio, you need:
Three writing pieces
Do Now: Topic
This week's topic is charity.
Write CHARITY in the bubble in the upper right hand corner.
In the lower left, write something you already think/believe/feel about charity.
If you're stuck, here's a definition:
the voluntary giving of help, typically in the form of money, to those in need
Let's read this week's words and definitions. Pay attention and stay with us!
Please turn in a final draft at the end of class with all of the following:
1. Proper formatting: size 12 Times New Roman, Double Spaced, Name in the upper left-hand corner
2. Your planning.
3. Your rough draft.
4. Your rubric (writing process rubric)
You must underline, in
, TWO adverb clauses somewhere in your essay and TWO verbs you've changed to more active or vivid verbs.
Editing Poe Essays
As you finish and submit your final drafts, please do the following:
1. Finish and submit your
student survey for the first trimester
. Be honest, but be constructive. You have other people you can complain about me to. Use this space to share real ideas and feedback that can improve all of our experiences.
2. Work on your article of the week, or free read.