Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
10 Most Common Rookie Presentation Mistakes
Transcript of 10 Most Common Rookie Presentation Mistakes
6.Playing it safe.
8. Take yourself too seriously.
9. Too much material.
7. Avoid vulnerability.
5. Data-centric presentations.
1. Small-scale gesture.
2. Low energy.
1. Mastery: large gesture
(hit the space bar at any point to move on)
Mastery: High energy.
Rookie's iterative process
3. Not preparing enough.
4. Not practicing enough.
Mastery: Get feedback, refine.
Mastery through deliberate practice
Mastery: Take a risk!
“A ship is always safe at the shore - but that is NOT what it is built for.”
Mastery: Short & sweet.
2 + minutes | 10 Sentences | 278 words
Mastery: measured, rhythmic speech.
Mastery: Have fun.
How to Avoid
by Terry Gault, The Henderson Group
For more on how to make more money and get more recognition through how you represent yourself, surf on over to SpeakFearlessly.net.
To see Kenneth Brannagh's full 5:41 St. Crispin's Day Speech, go to http://bit.ly/1eSKM48.
Who would you rather hang out with, Dwight...
Mastery: Get vulnerable.
To see a 2:48 video of Jeff Daniels reciting the Gettysburg Address, go to http://bit.ly/1gLxtt4.
Mastery: Tell a human story.