Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Eastern Lowland Gorillas
Transcript of Eastern Lowland Gorillas
Gorilla beringei graueri
By: Jakob Pike-Franklin
Species:Gorilla beringei graueri
Classification of an Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Origin of an Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Ancestors and Relatives of the Eastern Lowland Gorilla
1.5-1.8 meters tall 204kg.-227kg.
The Eastern Lowland Gorilla begins reproducing at age 10
It's average litter size is 1.
- Eastern Lowland Gorillas are mainly leaf eaters.
- A gorilla's nest is only used for one night.
- Each gorilla has their own unique nose print
- Due to its large size, the eastern lowland gorilla has few real predators.
Eastern Gorillas have many adaptations to their environment. Since they are based in the forest and are herbivores they need to be able to eat and digest the food around them so they have flat teeth that allow them to be able to grind the plants they eat.
Also,eastern Gorillas have stereoscopic vision which means that they have good eyesight that helps them to detect other animals. They can also see color which helps them to see poachers and other threats. When they do encounter threats they can ward them off using their loud roar which intimidates most creatures.