Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Thatcherism Presentation - Q2, English, Db
Transcript of Copy of Thatcherism Presentation - Q2, English, Db
What is Thatcherism?
pro and contra
What is Thatcherism?
Margaret Thatcher (1925 - 2013)
pro & contra
- born on 13th October 1925 in Grantham Lincolnshire
- went to Oxford University and studied chemistry
- than she studied for the bar
- marriage with Denis Thatcher
- got two children (Mark & Carol Thatcher)
Margaret Thatcher was prime minister
neglect of social deprived
got inflation under control with
no punishment for homosexuality
reached an economic boom
rate of unemployment increased dramatically
gap between rich and poor grown (2/3 society)
[supply-side economics - Angebotsorientierte Wirtschaftspolitik]
Thank you for listening
[poll tax - Kopfsteuer]
many ruins of companies
national companies going private
advocated death penalty
-accredited as advocate
-Conservative member of the parliament for Finchley
- Labour party were in power --> opponent from the conservatives
came to power
- Margaret Thatcher
became the first
female prime minister
- won her second period in general election
- won her third general election
- division in the Conservative party
--> 11.1990 Margaret Thatcher agreed to resign
-Thatcher left house of Commons
- death because of a stroke
Brockhaus Enzyklopädie Band 22. 1993, S.64
annulment of the punishment of homosexuality
gap between rich and poor
battle with Argentina for the falkland islands
captured the islands