Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Marine Zones and Lifestyles
Transcript of Marine Zones and Lifestyles
and Life Styles
Top layer sunlight penetrates
Sunlight reaches but not strongly
enough to support much life.
Deep water in open ocean.
is the water column
Even deeper in the oceanic trenches
Marine life is incredibly diverse.
The deepest water in the
is the bottom
Parts of ocean classifications are based on light, depth, temperature, density, latitude, distance from shore
There are two major marine provinces
Also called the coastal waters, this water zone extends from the low tide mark out to the edge of the continental shelf. It receives lots of sunlight and extends to a depth of about 200 meters.
Also called the
open-ocean, this zone is
divided into sections making
several sub-zones based on the different ecological characteristics. It is mostly divided by depth.