Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Media Commercialization and Authoritarian Rule in China
Transcript of Media Commercialization and Authoritarian Rule in China
print and online media
regional variation Institutions Tolerance Control Input / Feedback Mouthpiece Propaganda
Instrument qualitative interviews
content analysis field and natural experiments
survey data Measurement Responsive Authoritarianism Authoritarian Resilience Input Institutions But: Input institutions create tension State and society can mutually reinforce each other as long as the state is able to sustain the delicate balance between tolerance and control. (Weller 2008, Reilly 2012) Media Marketization