Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Invasive Species
By: Liam O'Connor
Origin: Southeast Asia
Invading: The Everglades (Florida)
How It Got There: Escaped from a breeding facility when it was destroyed in Hurricane Andrew.
By: Katie Long and Kayla Latone
Our Research was from...
The USDA (United States Department of Agriculture
By: Ryan Mahoney
Asian Tiger Mosquito
By: Ben Chamberlain
US fish and wildlife service
How It Got There: It arrived in tires imported from Asia
Impact On Environment:It can give out a virus called the West Nile Virus
Invading: The Southeastern United States
How It Got There: unknown
Impact On Environment: Preys on the already endangered Key Largo Wood Rat and competes with Indigo Snakes for their prey
Invasive species are animals, plants, and other living things that spread rapidly in new environments where there are almost no natural controls on their growth.
-World Book p.354
Invasive species across the US are becoming a serious problem. They are costing hundreds of billions of dollars a year. Also, they compete with the locals of the new environment for food, water, and shelter. They can harm their new environments in many ways. Such as...
- changing a rivers path by clogging it one way, causing it to go another
- causing native species to become extinct
- flammable invasive plants can cause massive fires
Also, invasive species can harm the economy in many ways. Such as...
- invasive fish can kill off fish that are targeted for fishing causing money loss
- having a negative impact on tourism
- invasive plants that cause plant diseases can spread them to the local plants
Lastly, the invasive species can impact human health. Such as...
- carrying human diseases
- being poisonous to humans
- information from US fish and wildlife service
Origin : Eurasia
How It Got There: It was taken from Eurasia and bred with the regular pig.
Impact On The Environment : the feral swine carries different diseases and eats farmers crops.
Impact: eats native fish
Fun Fact :walks on land