Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Four Types of Writing
Transcript of The Four Types of Writing
There are four types of writing...
Tells a story
Can be written using any point of view (1st, 2nd, or 3rd, although 2nd is quite uncommon)
Examples include personal memoirs, autobiographies, biographies, accounts of events, etc.
Writing that gives an explanation of something
Uses FACTS ONLY!
Examples include analysis, cause and effects, comparisons, etc.
Remember, EXP= expository, EXP=explain!
Convinces the reader to agree with your viewpoint or to accept your recommendation for a course of action
Uses evidence to support reasons given or used to persuade
USES OPINIONS (YOUR BELIEFS or IDEAS)
Opposing viewpoint should be taken into consideration.
Describes something—object, person, place, experience, emotion, situation, etc.
Encourages the ability to create a written account of a particular experience