Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Welcome to
Welcome to your first day at LUOA. As you may already know, my name is Mrs. Taylor. I am so honored to work with you. This year at LUOA will be such an exciting time! God is so good and faithful. He has amazing plans for each one of you! It will be awesome to watch Him at work in all of our lives during the
2016-2017 school year. I will
be praying for each one of you. I
look forward to our journey together!
Dear LUOA Parents,
I am really looking forward to this school year and hope to make it a wonderful one for your family. It is such a blessing and honor to be your child's teacher. I look forward to getting to know each one of you. I like to check-in, on a regular basis, to make sure that all of your questions are answered and that you are doing well, but do not hesitate to contact me, at any time, through the LUOA messaging system. Additionally,you may call or text my cell phone, too. I have included all of the ways to contact me on the next page. I have included a link that has more information about me. I'll be praying for you all and I look forward to an awesome journey together here at LUOA!
More on Communication
-Technical problems may arise from time to time. Do not hesitate to contact me with your problem. I will be able to either help you resolve the problem or direct you to the person who can best help you.
-The LUOA Help Desk is wonderful and is a great resource. Please contact them only if you have a problem with things such as logging in or browser issues, but please contact me with any other problem.
-Please contact me using the modes of communication I provided to you earlier:
1)Canvas messaging system
2)My cell phone: 678-588-3306
Tips for Success
Here are some tips to help you have a successful year:
1) Pray! God will help you to do your best. Proverbs 4:5 tells us to: Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forsake my words or turn away from them. This is a great reminder to ask for God's wisdom in everything you do.
2) Use a notebook or special section in a larger notebook for each class. Write down your vocabulary words in your notebook and any other important information.
3) Take your time on each lesson.
4) Please ask questions about anything that you do not understand. Please send me a message to help you with a particular lesson or assignment.
5) Always use your own words when you complete your work. You never want to copy and paste.
This is a great Web site that will help you to review important concepts. Your adviser will provide you with log-in information. Please let me know if you have any questions about this awesome resource.
A few more things...
-I just want to say again how excited I am that God has placed you all together as our 2016-2017 LUOA family! Each day is such a gift from God. I can't wait to see how we work together and use our days as gifts back to Him.
-I consider it an honor to pray for you all. Please let me know if you have any specific prayer requests.
-Last but not least, please have your family send me this information through your Canvas messaging system:
*Your birthday (I like to acknowledge my students' special days)!
*Additional contact information such as a phone number and E-mail address for your family.
*Let me know some things about you such as your favorite ice cream flavor or favorite sports team.
Our journey begins!
I can do all
things through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
Liberty University Online Academy
I welcome our LUOA family members to contact me with any questions or concerns. Please feel free to use any of the following communication methods:
*LUOA Canvas Message System: I will respond to all messages within 24 hours. Please do not leave the message in an assignment under the comments section, but please, send it through the actual message system.
*Cell Phone: You may call me or send me a text at 678-588-3306. I am on Eastern Standard Time. If it is an emergency, please, if possible, send me a text first instead of a voice mail.
*SKYPE: Some of our LUOA family members are in other countries and it's difficult for them to call or text me. If you'd prefer, I can SKYPE with you.
Please let me know if you need any help using these modes of communication.
More information about Mrs. Taylor: