Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Pakistan's Nonverbal Communications
Transcript of Pakistan's Nonverbal Communications
: Using individual fingers to make a gesture is impolite.
: Another man can greet another man's wife, but can't look directly at her.
: It's not proper for the bottom of someone's foot to be faced at another person.
Kinesics - Body Movements
: A handshake is the most common greeting
: It's inapropriate for a man to shake a woman's hand
: When someone is in surprise or in shock, they may open their eyes wide and open their mouth slightly
Kinesics - Body Movement (Cont.)
Space between Genders
: An arms length is usually what would be common for opposite genders
Space in Society
: When speaking to someone older, they usually use indirect and when speaking to someone their own age, they use direct
: Male friends may hold hands or lock arms, but opposite genders never display any affection in public
Proxemics - Space
Timeliness to Meetings
: Punctuality in Pakistan is crucial, greet senior on down and small talk is expected, but may only last from 5 to 10 minutes
Chronemics - Time
Paralanguage - Tone of Voice
I couldn't find any examples for paralanguage so here are some extras
- Items are passed with only the right or both hands
- Don't talk about Islamic religion in an insulting manner, even slight criticism or humor is to be avoided at all costs