Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Kinship
Why are anthropologists interested in kinship?
Purposes of Marriage
Polyandry- One wife, multiple husbands
Polygyny- One husband, multiple wives
Forms of Marriage
High level of family input into marriage partners
Typically not forced
Marriages based on respect for family and culture
Divorce occurs at very low levels
Kinship Naming Practices
Invention of the Victorian Era
Based on beliefs about love
Much higher rates of divorce
Cultural Variation in Kinship
Consanguine = blood relatives
affines or affinal relatives = In-laws and Spouses
Fictive kinship = bonds between friends, godparents, etc.