Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Big Data
Apple Pie Analogy
The Four V's of Big Data
Advantages in Business Sector
Big data can unlock significant value by making information transparent:
- Data on paper
- Not easily to access
- Cannot search through networks
Big data can collect more accurate and detailed performance information:
- boost performance
- make better management decisions
Big data can improve decision making:
- Easier to observe and analyze the data
- Everything stored digitally
Big data can be used to develop the next generation of products and services:
Big data minimize risks:
- No longer need to store data on paper
Advantage vs Challenge
Creating transparency speed, capacity, and scalability of cloud storage
Enabling experimentation to discover needs, expose variability, and improve performance
Segmenting populations to customize actions
Replacing or supporting human decision with automated algorithms
Innovating new business models, products, and services
Big data requires special computer power.
Hadoop is not yet suitable for real-time analysis.
Big data needs professional data scientist.
Oracle primarily specializes in developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products, including big data
Hadoop is designed to scale up from a single server to thousands of machines
How big data work?
How big data work with Oracle?
Using data obtained from sensor embedded in product
More data may lead to more accurate analyses
More accurate analyses may lead to more confident decision making
Better decisions can mean greater operational efficiencies, cost reductions and reduced risk
The future idea:
By 2020, information will be used to reinvent, digitalize or eliminate 80% of business processes and products from a decade earlier.
• 350 million new photos on Facebook each day.
• 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
• 40,000 search queries on Google every second.