Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Passive Voice
Transcript of The Passive Voice
1. It emphasizes the action or what is done.
Machu Picchu was discovered in 1911.
2. When you don't know who did the action.
A man was run over just on the corner.
3. When the doer may not be important.
Icpna's logo was changed last year.
4. When the doer is too obvious to be mentioned.
Spanish is spoken in Peru.
5. When you don't want to mention who the doer is.
I know that my chocolate was eaten.
1. To mention the doer or agent of the action.
Machu Picchu was discovered by Hiram Bingham.
2. When it's necessary because it concerns new information.
In the end, she was convinced to get married by her father.
3. When it's the name of the creator, inventor, author or someone famous or important.
ET was directed by Steven Spielberg.
4. When it's surprising information.
That song was composed by a 5-year-old girl.
We use it for services arranged.
my family photo
at the studio
the kitchen window
The teacher gave the
The teacher gave
The teacher gave
to the students
were given to the students by the teacher.
were given three copies by the teacher.
Direct and Indirect Objects