Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Skyscraper by Demi Lovato
Transcript of Skyscraper by Demi Lovato
- This device shows that the sky isn't literally "crying" it was showing that the sky was dark, sad, and unhappy. 2. "Catching teardrops in my hands" - Metaphor
- This metaphor states that she isn't catching her teardrops in her hands, its showing that she can't forget all the pain she went through. She constantly feels the pain she went through. 3. "Like I'm Made of Glass" - Simile
- This simile shows that she wasn't literally made out of glass, she was just very delicate and fragile. 4. "Like I'm Made of Paper" - Simile
- This is very similar to number 3, but this shows you in your mind that you needed to take care of this person like they are delicate paper that could rip at any moment. 6. "To Watch Me While I Bleed" - Cacophony
- This quote from the song is very dark, and hurtful and has a very scary meaning and sound to it. 5. "Try To Tear...." - Alliteration
- This part of the lyrics has alliteration. These three words all start with the letter "T". 7. "run, run, run" - Repetition
- These three words repeat one after another in one line in this song. The theme statement of "Skyscraper" is that you can use your experiences to help guide others through their rough times showing them that you can overcome anything. 8. "like a skyscraper" - Simile
- Demi is showing that she is as strong, and as tall as a skyscraper after she went through treatment. 10. "I will be rising from the ground" - Metaphor 9. "As the smoke clears, I awaken and untangle you from me" - Imagery
- This has a vivid image in my mind. I see smoke clearing so you can see a patch of light, and someone waking up and untangling themselves from another person. - This metaphor does not mean that she is actually rising from the ground; it is actually saying that she is getting past all the rough parts in her life and is finally coming out strong again and will show people that she is strong enough, and that she can do this. To Re-Cap;
You learned about Demi Lovato and her life, along with the struggles she went through.
You also listened to the song "Skyscraper" and learned the true meaning of this song.
But as well learned some of the poetic devices in this song along with the meaning them.
I hope that through this presentation you've gained a greater insight to the meaning of this song.