Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Understanding UK as a Study Destination
Transcript of Understanding UK as a Study Destination
Our Partner Institution
Internet Search Directory
Why Study in UK ?
* Affordable tuition fee & living cost. BUST THE MYTH!
* 3 years Bachelor degree with Honours * 1 year Master degree
* Renowned for World Class Education. Cambridge and Oxford is one of the oldest 3 universities in the world.
* Easy and affordable travel throughout the UK & Europe.
* Home of Premier League and other sports!
* Free Health Insurance by NHS for courses more than 6 months
Understanding UK as the Premier Study Destination
Course Search :
Angie Tjai 2014
UK Currency :
GBP 1 = Rp. 20.000
UK's 4 Countries
* England (London)
* Wales (Cardiff)
* Scotland (Edinburgh)
* Northern Ireland (Belfast)
4 Seasons in the UK :
Autumn : September – November
Winter : December – February
Spring : March – May
Summer : June – August
Time Zone :
6 Hours earlier than us
where to start?
Identify & Profile Your Clients
* Where do you go to school / University?
* What type of High School?
National / International?
* Identify School / University Accreditation
* What year / semester are you in now?
* How is your grades?
* Have you taken any IELTS?
* Which Areas of Study are you interested in?
* Which University interest you?
* Are there any preference? (E.g Ranking, Cities, Cost,etc)
* Identifying budgets
Ask questions :
S1. GPA 3.0
IELTS 6.5 - 7.0
International Foundation Program
* SMU 3 students who wants to study Engineering, Science, Architecture, etc
* SMU 2 students who wants to study anything except Medicine, Dentistry & Vet
* ICGSE 'O' level students
* IELTS are normally 5.5 - 6.0
* Age requirements are 16.5 - 17 years old
* SMU 3 students who wants to study Business
* IELTS 5.5 - 6.0
Undergraduate Year 1 (Direct)
* Mid ranking university such as Northumbria & Coventry would consider SMU 3
* ICGSE A Level
* IB Diploma
* IELTS 6.0 - 6.5
* SMU 1, 2, 3 students who wants to study :
* SMU 1, 2, 3 students who wants to study at the very top rank university such as Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial College, etc
* IELTS 5.0
* Minimum age 15.5
Note : not all student are suitable for A level. Use your judgement whether the student is right for A levels or not. Parents normally have high expectation
SUN Education popular A level Partners :
Cardiff Sixth Form
SUN Education Popular Foundation Provider :
CEG (Cambridge Education Group)
SUN Education Popular Diploma Provider :
ISC (some centers)
UK Is part of the European Union
UK is not part of the Schengen Countries
UK is part of the Bologna Declaration
Top - Up Bachelor Degree
Final year of Bachelor
* Indonesian D3 students with GPA 3.0 and from an A/B accredited University
* HnD Edexcel Students
* Indonesian S1 semester 6 students (credit transfer)
* IELTS 6.0 - 6.5
Popular Uni for Top Up :
University of Hertfordshire
Graduate Diploma / Pre Master
Graduate diploma sometimes needed for :
Indonesian 4 year Bachelor with low GPA
Indonesian 4 year Bachelor with average GPA but irrelevant to the Master
Australian 3 year Bachelor without working experience applying to Top Uni
SUN Education Popular Graduate Diploma Providers :
* S1 with minimum GPA 3.0
* IELTS 6.5 - 7.0
* Pre-master / Graduate Diploma student
Presessional are short courses of English that leads to master degree. Progression to masters are with internal test, no IELTS needed. Visa mostly separate but some university issue package CAS for shorter presesional courses
Normally Master student with working experience or research experience
Students need to browse the university website to find :
* University's research areas
* Suitable Professor to be the research supervisor
Students the need to establish contact with the professor to propose a research proposal and see if they can come with agreed research topics
UK Education in a Glance...
* UK Bachelor degree is a 3 years Honours Degree, but is equivalent to a 4 year degree
* More focused. Specialization from year 1
* On Time. No repeats!
* Passing Grade is 40- 45%
* Thesis in final year
* Assignments are counted towards final marked aside from Exams
* Possibility to do SANDWICH year. Take a 1 year off from study to work full time to get industry experience.
* UK Master Degree is a 1 year degree
* Comprised of 9 months coursework and 3 months dissertation
* Significant saving for tuition fee & living cost
* Very affordable Master Degree option!
Mid Rank Uni
First Class Honours
Upper Second Class
Lower Second Class
Third Class Honours
* S1, course accreditation A GPA 3.6
* Bachelor Honours 1st class
High Distinction : 80 - 100 %
* S1. Course Accreditation A. GPA 3.0
* S1. Course Accreditation B. GPA 3.5
* S1. Course accreditation A : GPA 2.5
* S1. Course accreditation B : GPA 3.0
* Bachelor Hons 2.2 / 2B / Credit 60 -69%
* Bachelor Non Hons 2.1 / 2A/ Distinction
70 - 79%
* S1 Course accreditation A : GPA 2.0
* S1 Course accreditation B : GPA 2..5
* Bachelor Hons 50 - 59%
* Bachelor Non Hons 60 - 69%
* S1 Course accreditation A : GPA 1.5
* S1 Course accreditation B : GPA 2.0
* Bachelor Hons 40 - 49 %
* Bachelor Non Hon 50 - 59%
How much does it cost?
Average tuition fee : GBP 10.000 - 13.500
Living Cost :
Outside London : GBP 820/month = GBP 7.380/9 months
London : GBP 1.020/month = GBP 9,180 /9 months
Rp : 147,600.000 - 183,600.000
Rp. 347.600.000 - Rp 453,600.000
Institution Ranking :
* Halls of Residence (90 – 150/week) 48 – 52 week contract Most Indonesian student prefer to live on campus in halls of residence.
* Accommodation for pre-sessional courses are normally separate and for short term only
* Rooms are normally Single rooms with Ensuite Bathroom / Shared Bathrooms
* In the summer, students normally has to pay extra to retain the room, or need to clear out the room and bring all the belongings. Students can rent a storage room to store the belongings temporarily.
* Homestay (GBP 100 – 150/week)
Approved English Test
* IELTS – SUN, IALF, IDP (2 weeks)
* TOEFL – www.ets.org (CURRENTLY BANNED)
(1-2 weeks online result, 4-6 weeks hard copies)
* Pearson – Universitas Indonesia, Jakarta
Need a break?
Lets take a closer look...
Understanding the Prospect Qualification
* A Minimum of 5 subjects examinations
* Grading system is A,B,C,D,E with A is the highest Mark.
Points : A1, A2, B3, B4, etc
* Minimum of 3 A Level Subjects (commonly called H1 Subjects)
* Subjects taken in AS level are commonly called H2 Subjects and usually 3 subjects too
* Grading are also using A,B,C,D,E (e.g BSc requires ABB)
* Some majors require pre-requisite subjects! Please check
GCSE 'A' Level
* Comprised of 6 subjects
* 3 Subjects of Higher Level (HL)
* 3 Subjects of Standard Level (SL)
* Areas of Subjects :
Experimental Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc)
Mathematics, Computer Science, etc
Arts & Design
Individuals & Society (Social Science)
Core Subjects :
* TOK (Theory of Knowledge) - Critical Thinking
* EE, Extended Essay
* CAS (Creativity, Action, Service) - Community Work
* Grading points is 1 -7, 7 being the Highest.
The highest point is 45 :
42 from academic courses + 3 from core subjects
Passing grade is 24
* Test Date
May / June
Oct / Nov
IB Certificate is for IB Students who take less than 6 subjects in IB. They will be granted IB Certificate and not IB Diploma
Bachelor in Scotland, however is a 4 year degree
* Bachelor Hons 2.1 / 2A / Distinction 70-79%
* Bachelor non Hons : High Distinction 80 - 100%
Lets take a look of the presessional samples of entry req and schedules