Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
hypothetical conditional statement
Transcript of hypothetical conditional statement
by Olivia Martin
Hypothetical Conditional Statements:
Used to refer to a time that is now or any time, and a situation that is unreal.
If I were a penguin, I would live in Antarctica.
If + simple past + present conditional (or present continual conditional)
If I lived in Antarctica, I would be freezing.
"would" = past of "will"; a certain action
Structure of Hypothetical Conditional
= If I were a penguin, I would live in Antarctica
"extra info" = a noun; a prepositional phrase
If I woke up with three arms, I would. . .
a. If I
a penguin, I would
b. If I
in Antarctica, I would
c. If I
under icebergs, I would
d. If I turned
, I wouldn’t
a black penguin.
carry learn swallow shout regret
throw skate wear drive
enter taste listen pretend
Write a 3-5 sentence funny or ridiculous story using the hypothetical conditional
1. What are hypothetical conditional statements?
2. Learn how to structure a hypothetical conditional statement
3. Practice game: speaking
4. Practice writing