Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
hypothetical conditional statement
Transcript of hypothetical conditional statement
by Olivia Martin
Hypothetical Conditional Statements:
Used to refer to a time that is now or any time, and a situation that is unreal.
If I were a penguin, I would live in Antarctica.
If + simple past + present conditional (or present continual conditional)
If I lived in Antarctica, I would be freezing.
"would" = past of "will"; a certain action
Structure of Hypothetical Conditional
= If I were a penguin, I would live in Antarctica
"extra info" = a noun; a prepositional phrase
If I woke up with three arms, I would. . .
a. If I
a penguin, I would
b. If I
in Antarctica, I would
c. If I
under icebergs, I would
d. If I turned
, I wouldn’t
a black penguin.
carry learn swallow shout regret
throw skate wear drive
enter taste listen pretend
Write a 3-5 sentence funny or ridiculous story using the hypothetical conditional
1. What are hypothetical conditional statements?
2. Learn how to structure a hypothetical conditional statement
3. Practice game: speaking
4. Practice writing