Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How cross media convergence and synergy play an importance role in film industry
Transcript of How cross media convergence and synergy play an importance role in film industry
PANG JIA WEI
DIGITAL MEDIA DESIGN
6023iMEDIA REFLECTIVE PRACTICES
WHAT IS CROSS MEDIA CONVERGENCE AND SYNERGY?
- two or more different media platforms work together to use an idea that can be promoted but that benefits all of them, all products are released at the same time
- this is when two or more companies work together to produce, distribute or exhibit a film,it could also be used to help market the film with the combination of the music industry and film industry for a sound track.
- the combining of two or more mediums
- media convergence in the film industry can happen in production,distribution or exhibiton
- For example, it happens when the music industry comes togther with the film industry
these multiple of media convergenceare leading us towards a digital renaissance,a transition and transformation perios that will affect all aspects of our lives.
Media convergence is the coming together of computing, telecommunication and media in a digital environment
what is synergy?
- synergy is the simultaneous release of different products to boost both.
- they have a large effect than if just one product existed alone and they have a mutually beneficial relationship.
- synergy can be used most often by bigger companies as the different elements them work together to promote linked products across different media.
How does synergy work?
- Synergy works when different elements of companies promote each other
- For example, a film studio, record label, video game division all create linked products like the film, soundtrack and video game.
- Each distinct element promotes each other.
of convergence and synergy:
why cross media convergence
1.The effect it has on the film industry and the impact on audiences.
2. Cross media convergence is an important aspect because its two media companies collaborating for the purpose of generating profit (synergy). This is important in production because when two media conglomerates come together and they are very well known it will make the audience want to watch the film more
The use of synergy was very effective for the movie Skyfall. Synergy enabled Skyfall to become more established within the movie industry, generating more public awareness. An example of synergy is Adele’s newly released song ‘Skyfall’ which is used to promote the new James Bond movie also known as Skyfall. This active use of synergy to promote from one platform to another is clearly evident. Any fan of the James Bond series will be more inclined to check out Adele’s single, and fans of Adele are also inclined to check out the James Bond Skyfall, so it benefits both parties.
-synergy and cross media convergence are quite similar
-cross media convergence involves producing media products, synergy can involve non media products such as merchandise
THE IMPORTANCE OF CROSS MEDIA CONVERGENCE AND SYNERGY IN PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION AND MARKETING, IN THE FILM INDUSTRY
Film was distributed and Marketed by advertising on TV, Posters and trailers, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Big billboards and interviews with A-list stars. This will help the audience because they are having 360 degree campaignwhere the audience can’t escape advertisement, distribution and marketing because it is everywhere they are for example the internet, TV, Posters and on billboards when they are driving. This would be successful and helpful for the film industry because they are sure that their audiences are receiving all the information they need for their audiences to be interested in watching the films.
Another way of production was Transmedia storytelling. The benefits of social media is that it’s a good way of cross media convergence because the internet is on the go so it’s a technological convergence also it engages the audience because there are competitions and it’s viral around the world
Both synergy and cross media convergence play an equal role in aiding films to produce far more revenue than normal. Synergy is defined as the interaction between two or more organisations to produce a combined effect greater than what could be achieved on their own. In contrast cross media convergence is where a media product is promoted across other media platforms.
Author of "Convergence Culture
Scholasticus K (2010) What is Media Convergence
available at: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/what-is-media-convergence.html
Twyfordmedia (2014) importance of Cross media convergence and synergy during distribution
(Onine)available at: http://twyfordessay.wordpress.com/category/the-importance-of-cross-media-convergence-and-synergy-during-distribution/
Thomas Bates(2011),Social Implications of Media Convergence
available at: http://convergenceofmedia.blogspot.com/
Charlie Serra ( 2012) Cross Media convergence and Synergy implemented for Skyfall
available at: http://filmgroup7.blogspot.com/2012/11/cross-media-convergence-and-synergy.html
Henry Jenkins,(1958) author of "Convergence Culture henry enkins,United states (Youtube) available at: