Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Henry David Thoreau in approximately 5 minutes
Transcript of Henry David Thoreau in approximately 5 minutes
Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)
Essayist, naturalist, abolitionist, philosopher, poet, vegetarian, Transcendentalist.
REALLY BIG BEARD. Back to nature...
Look deep within yourself...trusting your instincts and intellect. You will find the Truth.
(always with a capital T)
Thoreau didn't expect everyone to live as he did...he believed that each man had his own individual spiritual quest to take. Peace through strength,
or strength through peace?
If you believe the society you live in is acting immorally, what should you do about it? Trust that your instincts are correct!
Emerson and Thoreau's writings influenced a diverse group of thinkers and activists, inspiring them to spur great change in society's laws and principles. Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
Son of a famous Boston preacher
Raised by a controlling aunt
Loved reading and learning, but hated school
Inspired by leaders who questioned everything
The heart of the Transcendentalist movement
Sponsored Thoreau's Walden experiment