Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Augmented Reality in the Classroom
Transcript of Augmented Reality in the Classroom
What is Augmented Reality?
Augmented Reality is the real world mixed with digital information, usually shown in 3 dimensions.
Augmented Reality Examples
* Sphere 360 Photography
* Smithsonian 3D (web-based)
* colAR Mix
* AR Flashcards
* Elements 4D
Aurasma is a free app for iOS and Android devices that uses advanced image recognition to blend the real world with rich interactive content, such as videos and animations, called "auras."
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN IN THE CLASSROOM?
Continue through this presentation, to experience a few of the possibilities. Then mix in your imagination with your classroom to truly experience and unlock the potential in your classrooms!
An example of augmented reality by adding layers to what you see in real life.
* In magazines
* Geo Layers
"Real world combined with digital information."
Tellagami is an app that lets you record an animated video using a "Gami."
* When you open the app, it has a "how to" section.
* Can create customizable characters
* Add dialogue by either recording your voice or typing in your message.
* Can be shared: Facebook, Twitter, email, text
SMITHSONIAN 3D (Web Based)
Take a virtual field trip to the
National Museum of Natural History!
An app that will let you explore the world in 360 Degrees! You can record anywhere and turn it into panoramic photography.
* Make sure objects are not moving when recording!
WAYS TO USE AURASMA IN THE CLASSROOM
* Faculty Photo Wall
* Video Instructions at Stations
* Back to School night
* Create math problems
* Scavenger Hunts
* Create posters or billboards to showcase school event
* Student projects
Augmented Reality Explained by Common Craft
Use printed pictures to color and watch amazing things come to life.
* Have to use their picture "packs"
* Good extention activity for younger students.
* Explore chemical elements in a fun way by scanning boxes to learn about each element.
* Can create compounds by placing two elements side by side.
* Making the alphabet come to life using Augmented Reality
* Point your device on the card. The app will pop up a 3 dimensional figure.
* Before using, make sure to download and print off cards.
List of other AR apps to explore
NOW IT'S YOUR TURN TO
"BE MORE DOG!"
Explore / Create / Have FUN!
* Explore the apps we have discussed
(or, perhaps, some that we didn't!)
* Download one or two of them that you liked the best.
* Create something that you can bring into your classroom, and how you could use it in your classroom.
Be More Dog!
What is your perception of Augmented Reality? What do you think it is?
* Follow the link/QR code to get to Padlet;
*Jot down a brief sentence about what
think Augmented Reality is.
• Begin and end on time
• Be present / Participate actively
• Prepare your technology for learning
• Speak one person at a time / Listen when others speak
• Silence cell phones
• Take care of yourself during breaks
• Hold each other accountable to our norms
• Be the student you would want in your classroom!
SPHERE 360 Camera
How can you use AR apps/sites in the future??
AURASMA IN SCHOOL
HOW TO MAKE AN AURASMA