Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What is Biology?
Transcript of What is Biology?
however: living things do NOT live in isolation
so to truly study living things, you must study
their interactions with the things that surround them
There are 5 characteristics of ALL living things
1. Living things are organized
they show an orderly structure
and are composed of one or more cells
2. Living things can reproduce
ensuring the continuation
of the species
A species is a group of organisms that can interbreed and have viable offspring
3. Living things change
they grow & develop
4. Living things adjust to their surroundings
5. Living things ADAPT and EVOLVE
through stimulus and response
Evolution is how organisms adapt to their environment
in order for a species to survive
an adaptation is something that helps
an organism to survive and produce more offspring
many more offspring are produced
than can possibly survive
this creates a struggle for existence
and only organisms with favorable
adaptations will survive
Darwin called this process:
which is why the dodo is no longer here
poison dart frogs have toxins
to help them avoid predators
animals fight for territory, food, & mates
this group of lemurs is an example of a species
100's of baby sea turtles are born
but as few as 2 or 3 become adults
the aye aye uses its' long finger to eat insects