Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MPC Solar Energy Facility
Transcript of MPC Solar Energy Facility
The Source of Nearly ALL Energy
- Coal, Petroleum, Etc.
These fuel sources are originally from organic materials that were fueled by the sun.
- Wind, Tidal, Solar (Of Course), Etc.
The sun heat's the earth which creates differentials in pressure causing wind and it's gravity's effect on the Earth causes the tide
What Is This Energy?
- A particle of electromagnetic radiation that carries energy proportional to it's wavelength.
Energy of a photon = (Plancks Constant * Speed of Light)/Wavelength of Light
- The range of all possible frequencies of electromagnetic radiation
- Surface Temperatures (Photosphere) around 10,000 F and internal temperature of nearly twenty seven million F.
- Formed four and a half billion years ago
- Over 100 times the size of the Earth
- Because the sun is the temperature it is our eyes have developed to see the light spectrum we see today. If the sun was hotter or colder a different wavelength of the spectrum would be dominant and we would not see the same part of the spectrum that we do today.
- The amount of energy reaching the surface of the Earth EVERY HOUR is greater than the amount of energy used by the entire population of Earth over an ENTIRE YEAR.
Available Solar Power At Earth's Atmosphere?
The solar power density at Earth's atmosphere
varies slightly due to multiple factors but this is what has been decided as the "Solar Constant"
Earth's Surface Solar Radiation
Varies greatly due to
- Location's Latitude
- Day of Year
- Atmospheric Effects
41 Degrees N
MPC Solar Farm
First Year Saved The City of FIndlay Nearly $60,000
Water Pollution Control Center (WPCC) 1201 South River Road, Findlay OH 45840
Generation I Vs. Generation II
Installed November 5th, 2012
Generation II PV Panels
Generation I PV Panels
Convert DC Electricity to AC
Uses Four Identical Inverters
Ability to Track Production From Each Subsystem
Size: 3 Phase 250 kWp
Voltage: 480 V AC
Utilizes an Algorithm Tied to a GPS To Track the Sun’s Path
Single Axis Tracker
Pivots in One Geometric Plane
Unirac Isys Tracker
Mounted Due South
Mounted at 30 Degrees From Horizontal
Unirac Isys Ground Mount System
MPC Solar Facility
Fixed panels: 1920
Fixed support racks: 64
Tracking panels: 1968
Tracking supports: 41
Fixed panels: 1053
Fixed support racks: 44
Tracking panels: 1053
Tracking supports: 27