Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Literary Devices & Figurative Language
Transcript of Literary Devices & Figurative Language
An exaggeration used to emphasize or add meaning
Repeating words or a phrase for added emphasis
I've told you
It was all gone
. I worked so hard all those years. And
it was all gone.
use of the
in a sequence of words that are close to each other (
usually 3 or more
razing in a
An object, action, or idea that represents something other than itself.
Think about colors (black, white, red)
Think about flowers (roses)
A red rose often represents love.
When the author refers to a well-known person, place, event to create a better understanding.
He was a real
with the ladies.
Chocolate was her
A comparison made between two things,
the words like or as.
Time is a thief.
He is the apple of my eye.
When you give human characteristics to inanimate / non-living objects.
hid his face
behind the clouds.
wind scared the kids.
When something is described in great detail. It will usually involve a few of your
Sight, touch, smell, sound,taste
a word that is associated with the sound it makes
Black often represents sadness or death.