Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Paying for College
Transcript of Paying for College
Cost of Attendance (COA) or Sticker Price includes:
1. Tuition and Fees
2. Room and Board (Food)
3. Books and Supplies
4. Personal Expenses and Transportation
In-State, Out-of-State, International, Public, Private, 2-year, 4-year, Trade School/Apprenticeship
How much will it REALLY cost?
Expected Family Contribution (EFC) = How much your family can afford to pay for college each year.
COA - EFC = NEED
If your family income is below a certain threshold, you might have ZERO EFC. If your EFC is unrealistic, you can appeal.
How can I reduce costs?
Otterbein University - Case in Point
$42,000 Sticker Price
- $13,000 for having a weighted GPA of 3.8
- $3,000 for demonstration of community service
- $4,000 for multicultural background + leadership
- $2,000 for Yearbook (communications)
= $21,000 before loans - less than many in-state!
FREE Application for Federal Student Aid
www.fafsa.gov [NOT www.fafsa.com]
Tax Returns From 2015 for Incoming Class of 2017
Don't just have your parents do it!!!
You need a Federal Student Aid ID for you and one
for your parents
File all 4 years
CSS Profile - Not free, varies by college
Dependent vs. Independent
Grants and Scholarships
Based on merit, community service, skills (writing, art, performance, etc.)
Automatically considered for many colleges, not all
Be aware of priority filing dates
Work Study and Other
Let's talk ROI
Your major, job prospects, and salary
Long term planning and graduate degrees
College and Career Center Specialist
Paying for College
Yes, you can!