Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Fire fighting training
Transcript of Fire fighting training
1. What is fire?
2. How does fire spread?
3. What are the causes of fire?
4.How to extinguish a fire?
5. What legislation is available?
6. What to do in the event of a fire?
Fire spreads in three ways: 1. Conduction 2. Convection 3. Radiation Conduction refers to the solid transmission of heat a in solid objects.
In a fire, heat is transferred from hot to cold objects.
Convection refers to to heat transmission in liquids/gases.
In a fire, convection generally forces hot air upwards.
Radiation refers to the transfer of heat energy through electromagnetic energy
When these waves come into contact with an object, they transfer heat to that object.
Fire is ‘a process of combustion characterised by heat, flame or smoke or any combination of these’.
Fire requires three elements to exist: 2. Heat 3. Fuel 1. Oxygen This is known as What is Flammable liquids
Stored goods / high piled storage
Human activities, for example, cigarettes
Office sources of fire Office sources of ignition Heating
Good housekeeping principles Do not accumulate waste material, for example, packaging.
Remove rubbish regularly.
All waste awaiting disposal must be kept in a specific safe area.
Keep escape routes clear.
Ensure all fire doors are closed at all times.
Ensure electrical sockets are not overloaded.
3. Cooling There are numerous ways to extinguish a fire by removing one of the three elements that fire requires to exist.
1. Starvation 2. Smothering Smoothering a fire signifies the removal of oxygen
Starving a fire signifies the removal of fuel.
Cooling a fire signifies the removal of heat
Causes of fire Fire can spread in many ways including:
Lack of common sense