Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Victorian era
1854 In 1854 Florence Nightingale went to the Crimea to organise nursing during the war. There she saved the lives of many injured soldiers. In 1864 boys under the age of 10 were banned from being chimney sweeps. At Birmingham Museum you can see a Victorian fire place similar to the ones the boys would have cleaned. 1874 The '10 hour Factory Act' was introduced.
This meant that people could only be made
to work for up to 10 hours per day.
Can you think of any laws
1880 In 1880 children up to the age of 12 were made to go to school. In Gallery 30 at the Museum you can see a writing slate that was used for sums, Victorian schools books and even an old classroom desk!
1884 In the mid 1880's the 'Safety Bicycle' was built. It was much easier to ride than earlier models, with both wheels the same size and a chain. This finally gave ordinary people the freedom to travel. You can see one of these bikes at the Museum in Gallery 30.