Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How does sound travel through headphones?
Transcript of How does sound travel through headphones?
electricity is the main element
hertz or Hz. It is the unit of frequency in the International System of Units(SI).
It's defined as one cycle per second.
How it works
The sound is represented by a change in voltage. If the sound is a middle A, the voltage on the wire will be changed to a frequency of 440 Hz.
Why is this example important?
Heinrich Rudolf Hertz was the first person to provide conclusive proof of the existence of electromagnetic waves.
Headphones were the only way to listen to electrical audio signals before amplifiers
The first set was developed in1910 by Nathaniel Baldwin
He made them in his kitchen and sold them to the US Navy
Many people use headphones and earbuds
Headphones/headsets are one of the most common used electronic devices,besides cell phones and laptops