Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Communication
involve confidence and the ability to listen and understand, Problem solving, decision making and personal stress management are also considered interpersonal skills.
interpersonal skills will be used every day and in every area of our lives.
Lip reading- if someone is deaf they can communicate to people by reading there lips also lipreading is a skill that people use when there is a lot of noise that impairs your ability to clearly hear the words that people are saying to you.
Signing- sign language is to help people with hearing impediment and they use there hands to communicate with people.
Non- verbal communication
Barriers to effective communication
There are many barriers to communication, these may occur at any stage in the communication process. Barriers may lead to your message becoming distorted and you therefore risk wasting both time and money by causing confusion and misunderstanding. Effective communication involves overcoming these barriers and conveying a clear and concise message
• Lack of attention, interest, distractions, or irrelevance to the receiver.
• Differences in perception and viewpoint.
• Physical disabilities such as hearing problems or speech difficulties.
• Physical barriers to non-verbal communication.
• Language differences and the difficulty in understanding unfamiliar accents.
• Expectations and prejudices which may lead to false assumptions or stereotyping.
• Cultural differences.
Verbal communication- you can communicate to people face to face also use eye contact for when you are talking to someone as it is more effective.
overcoming barriers of communication