Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Post-Colonialism in Disney Movies
Transcript of Post-Colonialism in Disney Movies
Pocahontas was made in 1995, this movie is about how two cultures collide. The set of this movie is "The New World" when men were sent on a ship to find gold and fame but found something else. The main characters are Pocahontas the Native American and John Smith this blonde hair blue eyed hero.When you watch the movie you can see there is a huge culture difference, the Native Americans communicate more with nature and spirits while the English men don't care about the values of the land unless there is gold.
Post- Colonialism: Is the study of the effects of colonialism on cultures and societies.
Aladdin is a 1992 Walt Disney movie. This movie was set in Agrabah in the middle eastern land of Arabia. Aladdin has made controversy since it was released, when the Persian Gulf War was going on. Muslim and Arab-American's have criticized this film for ots use of historic Arab stereotypes and its offensive caricatures.