Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Driver's Class
26. If you are driving a truck and your vehicle becomes disabled on a travel roadway or its shoulder you must display warning devices:
(b) 200 feet on divided highway
27. What is the maximum height of any vehicle that may be operated without a special permit?
(a) 13 feet, 6 inches
28. A loaded truck or tractor-trailer with hot brakes takes longer to stop than cars traveling at the same speed 55 miles per hour. Which of the following is most accurate?
(a) A loaded tractor-trailer may take 400 ft more to stop
29. Drivers must routinely share the roadway with motorcycles, and bicycles, which of the following statement is the most accurate?
(c) Motorcycles and bicycles are entitled to the same right-of-way and are required to observe the same traffic laws as automobiles.
30. If you are driving a truck, but or tractor-trailer and your vehicle is disabled on a traveled roadway or its shoulder, you must display within ten (10) minutes, what warning devices?
(a) 3 bi-directional emergency reflective triangles, (b) 6 fuses, (c) 3 liquid-burning flares, (d) any of these
31. When entering a street from an alley, building, or driveway, the driver must:
(a) stop before entering, (b) check for approaching cars or pedestrians, (c) yield the right-of-way to other vehicles, (d) All answers are correct.
32. When backing up, you must:
(c) Check in mirrors, turn around and look through back window, go slowly, and watch carefully in all directions
d. Lane ends
Left turn only
33. If a vehicle with flashing red lights is stationary (not moving) on the side of the road, you must:
(a) move into a lane not adjacent to the stopped vehicle, (b) slow down (reduce speed), (c) proceed with caution, (d) all answers are correct
34. At the stop light, a yellow signal means:
(a) The driver’s right-of-way is ending, (b) stop immediately, (c) Go; the driver has the right-of-way, (d) all answers are correct.
35. A red flashing light:
(b) Is equivalent to a stop sign; the driver must make a complete stop
36. Solid yellow or white lines indicate:
(c) You may not cross a solid line
37. In a construction zone, you should do the following: something about a construction zone with speed limit, moving to lane marked by blinking arrow and flagger-in a construction zone, if flagger is directing traffic, you should:
(a) Follow posted worksite speed limit (usually 45 mph or less), (b) Follow the flashing arrow board and carefully move into the lane indicated, (c) follow the instructions of the flagger, if present, (d) all answers are correct
38. A broken white line indicates that a driver may change lanes: What must you do before changing lanes?
(a) Make sure the road ahead is clear, (b) Check your mirrors, and then briefly check your “blind spot” to make sure no vehicles are trying to pass you, (c) use your directional signals, then smoothly move into the next lane, (d) All answers are correct.
39. What are the rules for making a U-turn?
(a)Yield right-of-way to oncoming traffic; never make a U-turn on curve or hill, never make a U-turn on a highway, never make a U-turn when a sign is posted prohibiting it.
40. Using the left hand side of the road for passing is prohibited when
(a) A yellow solid line is present or signs indicating “no passing” are present, (b) when approaching a curve or hill, (c) Within 100 feet of an intersection, bridge, railroad crossing, or tunnel, (d) All answers are correct
41. If your vehicle is being passed on the left hand side of the road…
(d) Allow the vehicle to pass safely; do not increase your speed.
Sample Questions 1
20. What is a good rule to follow when traveling behind another vehicle?
b. keep a distance of two seconds between you and the car in front of you.
21. In order to safely share the road with large trucks (tractor trailer vehicles), drivers must realize that:
a. Trucks take a long time to come to a complete stop, so you should not make a sudden lane change or stop in front of a tractor-trailer vehicle.
b. Trucks have much more severe blind spots than cars. If you cannot see the driver in his side mirrors, he cannot see you.
c. Trucks often make a swing out to the left when making a right turn.
d. all answers are correct!
22. If you see a slow-moving vehicle, such as a farm machine or horse-drawn carriage, you should:
b. only pass if it is safe to do so, treating them like all other traffic
24. According to Indiana law, who must wear a seat belt while in a moving vehicle?
a. all passengers
25. Operating a vehicle at night presents a number of potential problems. When driving at night, a driver should:
a. reduce normal speed and be alert due to reduction of visibility when driving at night
b. avoid looking directly into the headlights of an oncoming vehicle to avoid the effects of glare, instead focus on the white line on the right side of the road
c. be aware of signs of fatigue, and stop driving if necessary
d. all answers are correct
26. According to the Indiana Driver's Manual, when is the correct use of headlights?
a. Turn on headlights between sunset and sunrise.
b. Turn on headlights when visibility is less than 500 feet.
c. Use low headlight beams when within 500 ft. of an oncoming vehicle and within 200 ft. of the vehicle in front of you.
d. all answers are correct
27. If you come to a railroad track and see a train coming, you should:
b. wait for the train to pass, then stop look, and listen for other trains before proceeding.
28. An Urban interstate highway speed limit is:
a. 55 mph or as posted
29. Too many people are trying to concentrate on cell phone conversation while driving. What is a good safety guideline to follow when using a cell phone while driving?
d. Always assess traffic conditions, and if possible, place calls when the vehicle is stopped.
30. Driving in winter weather presents many dangers. If your vehicle is thrown into a skid, you should:
c. Ease off the gas pedal. If you have conventional brakes, turn the steering wheel in a controlled manner in the direction of the rear of the vehicle. If you have ABS brakes, apply firm and continuous pressure on the brake pedal.
31. If all traffic is required to stop at the intersection then the driver may proceed after a complete stop and after yielding to any vehicle:
a. that is already in the intersection
b. that has already completely stopped
and is about to enter the intersection
c. that is to the right of the driver and has arrived
at the intersection at the same time as the driver
d. all answers are correct
32. Drivers taking out their stress and anger on other drivers have been called "the fastest-growing menace on the highway today". What are some signs of road rage?
a. Aggressive driving
b. Honking, fist and hand gestures, yelling
c. Speeding, tailgating, cutting off other drivers
d. All answers are correct
If you damage another vehicle or other property and the owner is not around, what should you do?
d. Leave your name, address, and telephone number on a note where the owner will be assured to see it.
34. If you have a flat tire or blowout, what should you do?
a. Hold the steering wheel firmly and keep the car going straight. Let the car slow down on its own then pull off the road and apply the brakes when the car is almost stopped.
35. A car can be a lethal weapon when operated by a driver impaired by drugs or alcohol. What are some ways to spot an impaired driver?
a. straddles center line or weaves back and forth
b. makes wide turns, comes close to hitting other objects or vehicles
c. swerves, drifts, follow too closely, stop for no reason
d. all answers are correct
1. If you lose traction while driving a car with a Anti-lock Brake System, you should:
Keep your foot on the brake with continuous pressure and steer normally
2. When driving in the rain:
Remember that wet roads can be very dangerous.
Test your brakes after driving through water puddles.
Be aware that hydroplaning may cause you to loose traction.
3. Railroad crossing signs signal a driver to:
Slow down, look, listen and be prepared to stop for a train
5. You should ignore traffic signals when:
An officer gives you a command or procession takes the right-of-way.
7. When following a two-wheeled vehicle:
Increase the normal space between your vehicles.
10. Your license may be suspended if you:
Fail to respond to a citation.
Operate a vehicle without insurance.
18. To be eligible for a chauffeur or public passenger Chauffeur license, you must have at least how many years driving experience as a licensed driver?
d. One year
Traffic signal ahead
1. As fog can greatly reduce visibility of other vehicles, pedestrians and traffic signals, you should:
(a) Drive cautiously and reduce speed
(b) Do not use your high headlight beams
(c) Use low headlight beams to illuminate the road and objects better
(d) All answers are correct
2. A good defensive driver should:
(b) Look out for the actions of other drivers
3. When making a right turn on red at a red light, you:
(c) Come to a complete stop and do not interfere with the right-of-way of any vehicles, pedestrians moving in the direction of the run
4. When driving on the roadways, you should remember:
(a) Pavement is slick immediately following a rainfall
(b) Driving on wet roads can cause hydroplaning
(c) You should give yourself additional time to stop
(d) All answers are correct
5. A flashing red signal means:
(b) Equivalent to (same as) a stop sign, and means the driver must stop
6. You should signal your intention to turn at least:
(a) 200 feet before turning
8. What is the maximum single-axle weight for trucks?
(a) 20,000 lbs per axle
9. When emergency vehicles display flashing lights on a two lane road, drivers must:
(a) slow down
(b) Pull over to the right of road
(c) Stop until emergency vehicles pass
(d) All of the above
10. Drivers must use headlights when visibility is less than
(b) 200 feet
11. Motor vehicles transporting loads which extend more than four feet beyond the rear of the motor vehicles shall mark the rear of the projecting load as follows:
(a) 2 red flags (b) 2 red lamps (c) 2 red reflectors